.10

After gathering information from the owner about the guy I just apparently fired, I rush out the streets apologizing to Jamie and Lynn for leaving so abruptly in which they were totally okay with.

I catch up to 'Cameron' just as he was heading out the back door.

"Wait!" I call out to him. He looks at me and when he realizes it's the girl who got him fired, he sends me death glares.

"You." He says with a deadly tone as he walks up to me. Grudgingly.

I stop at my tracks and gulp. Praying for my welfare as this guy looks like he's about to kill me.

When he stops inches away from me, I had to sort of crane my neck since he was towering over me, I'm guessing he's 5"8 or something while I stand here, merely 5"4.

"I'm sorry?" I barely say. Holding my breath.

"You don't know how much I needed this job, and you just had to get me fired!" He practically screams at me.

Angers fuels me and I find the courage to snap back at him.

"Me?! If you weren't acting so unpleasantly maybe you wouldn't have gotten fired!" I fire back at him.

He stands there and just glares at me with electric blue eyes that held so much danger. My courage doesn't falter and I stare back at him, more like glare.

He scoffs and walks away. "Thanks a lot. Now me and my family have to live out the streets." He says while walking away.

All the previous anger drift away and is replaced with insane guilt.

What have I done? I instantly pick up my phone and dial Quentin's number. He picks up at the third ring.

"Go for Q." He says confidently.

"I have a feeling you've been expecting me." I say to him. He laughs a heartily laugh. God, I miss him..

"Don't get too cocky now sister. What's the sitch?"

"Well... I'm sort of in a sticky situation..."

***

After explaining the whole story to my brother, and after a few minutes of him using my guilt over me, he comes up with a game plan that is sure to work. Or so he says.

And at 9 in the evening. I stand in front of the door, carrying a huge gift basket for the family of the guy I just fired.

I knock cautiously. I hear screaming from the inside, apparently about who is going to get the door.

After a few arguing, the door swooshes open and I am met with a scrutinizing pair of blue eyes. But this time from a female.

"Who are you?" She asks quite bitterly.

"Hi." I say awkwardly. "Um.. is Cameron home?"

"Who is that?" I hear someone scream from the inside.

"Hm. That's new. Cameron usually goes for more slutty types of girls. I guess his taste has changed." She says to me as if she's talking to herself.

I definitely did not see that one coming and that definitely hurt. Ouch.

She swings the door open and motions for me to come in. "Cameron! Your hook-up is looking for you!" She screams into the room. Was everyone in this family, rude?? Just as I was about to protest, Cameron emerges from the other room.

"It's you again. Are you stalking me or something?" Cameron says darkly as he stays rooted at his spot. I take in the surroundings, two kids playing mindlessly with each other, and that rude woman trying to tame the kids. I'm guessing that's the sister and those are her kids.

I clear my throat and speak. "I just came to apologize and I wanted to make it up to you."

He scowls at me and laughs bitterly. "No thank you. You may go." Right as he was shoving me out the door and was about to close the door on me, I stop it with my foot.

"Wait! Hear me out!"

He rolls his eyes but listens anyways. "I got you a new job and your rent for this month has been covered." He starts to listen intently. "Now I've got your attention."

"What did you say?" He asks.

"So I was feeling pretty bad about getting you fired considering your, er, circumstances. So I got you a job at a mechanic shop, I had to pull some strings. I hope you're good with bikes and cars. And I helped you out with your pay this month, you can pay me back when you get paid and I also got you this gift basket." I ramble on and finish the sentence with a smile, extending the gift basket.

He accepts it and looks at me dumbfounded.

"You know, if I really didn't need this right now, I would have spat in your face." He says nonchalantly. I am honestly taken aback by how rude he is.

"You're a grade A asshole." I say to him.

"Thank you though." He says out of the blue and for a second I thought I saw gratitude in his eyes before he blinked it away. "I'm amazing with bikes and cars, that job is perfect." He says with a grin, and with such confidence that it was infuriating. Then he shut the door on me. I knock again. Furiously. He opens up and groans.

"I have to pick you up tomorrow so I could show you the place."

"Sure." He shuts the door again.

"Rude."

And I go home and head straight to bed, letting only the sound of the music from my iPod fill my room.

I close my eyes feeling satisfied that I fixed this problem with that hot, rude, infuriating, bipolar boy.

Never have I met anyone in my life that riled me up so quickly. He makes me want to chop his head off every time he speaks.

God help me, I might kill that guy.