Epilogue

"Do you think they'll like me?" Cameron asks me as he drives. His eyes glance to my direction for a second before returning it to the road.

I rest my other hand on his free hand and caress it.

I laugh softly. "Is the big bad boy Cameron Johns, nervous to meet my family? Huh. That's rich." He takes my hand and kisses it.

"Maybe." He says as he keeps his eyes on the road, a smile on his beautiful lips.

"You've talked to them before. They love you already." I tell him while playing around on the radio looking for a good song. I stop when I find Paloma Faith's song on the radio.

"But it's different in person. I look alright, right?" He says nervously as he changes the station. A silent war beginning for the radio station. I turn it back to the previous station, laughing loudly as I do so.

"Babe. You look great, don't you worry. My parents love you and Q's really excited to meet you. You guys are practically best friends on the phone anyways." I assure him, I sit up and give him a quick kiss on the cheek. He smiles his famous bad boy smile.

"Remember how I said before that I've never seen the biggest smile than when Morgan was with that girl?" I tell Cameron, his smile fades for a moment as I mention Morgan. "Now I have." And it's back.

"I've been incarcerated before but I say, this is the most terrifying thing I've done." He said with a laugh.

I laugh at his silliness. I stare at him for a bit and smile.

It's been 5 months since me and Cameron started dating. 5 amazing months of daily arguments and uncontainable happiness. I can't believe amidst everything in my life, God blessed me with this wonderful man who doesn't even know what he's capable of. He just graduated a week ago, and his line of jobs are looking really promising. My parents were supposed to attend the event but something came up, so now him and I are coming to them. Nothing has changed between us, we still argue all the time, but make out later on. Haha. We're taking it real slow. One step at a time... Yeah.. But I've recently come to the realization that I am in love with this idiot beside me. I'm too afraid to tell him though, I wouldn't want to scare him off, so I kept it to myself. I don't want to ruin how perfect things are right now.

"We're here." I am broken from my train of thoughts when he turns the car off. I look at him and give him an encouraging smile. He kisses me quickly and rushes to open my door. I know. Such a gentleman, right? Who said chivalry was dead? Once I get out, I take his hand in mine and start to lead him to the house. He stops me midway though and spins me to face him.

He has his hand on the small of my back.

"Harper." He whispers my name. I smile at him, liking how my name sounds coming from him.

"Cameron." I seductively say. Purposely dropping my eyes to his lips. He licks them of course. Such a slut. I roll my eyes at this and he laughs. He stops right away though and turns quiet, he stares into my big brown eyes like they're searching for something.

"I love you." Those three words sent me to heaven and back. I don't wait any longer and I plant my lips on his. Claiming him. I break away after a few seconds.

"You don't know how long I have been waiting to tell you this too, I love you too." He takes this as his cue to kiss me again. We break away when our lungs cry out for air. He kisses me on the forehead and leads me to my house with his hand on the small of my back.

"Game time." He says as he knocks on the door.

***

Dear Person reading this,

That's the story of how my seemingly perfect life fell apart and fell back in to place.

Cameron didn't fix me.

I started to get better when I told myself that I didn't need a boy in my life to make me complete.

It just so happened that Cameron came waltzing in, so who was I to deny myself of love?

Girls, boys, don't let one person take away your happiness.

No matter who you are, you deserve to be happy.

Don't wait around for someone to pick up the pieces for you. Pick them up yourself and maybe you'll be lucky enough if someone helps you along the way.

It's okay if you start slowly, so long as you're actually doing something about it.

Life isn't always all good but it isn't all bad either.

Just hang in there. It gets better.

Love,

Harper Flemming