Man Down

"Vance? Vance!" You banged on the door, trying to get the doorknob open but it was locked. "Fuck!" You began to stress, stepping away from the door as you could Larry and Vance inside.

The noises made you uneasy. The beating, the yelling, the screaming and crying sounded indescribable. It made you hurt inside, and hurt for Vance and his mother mostly. You flinched at the sound, tears forming in your eyes.

You ran to the back, looking for Vance's bedroom window and prayed to God that he leaves it unlocked. You found it, pressing your hands on the cold glass and struggling to push it open. You grunted, gritting your teeth as you pushed harder.

It finally opened and you poked your head inside, climbing inside and falling into his bed. The sound and noise was more audible, so you rushed to the where it was coming from but nearly tripped over Vance's mother who was lying on the ground unconscious. "Oh my god."

You kneeled down on your knees beside her, making sure she was alright. You leaned your ear close to her chest, hearing her heart was still beating. You sighed out of relief and got up, slowly stepping into the living room and gasped when you seen Vance lying on the ground taking a bunch of hits from Larry with a belt.

Vance spotted you and his eyes went wide. "Y/n." He whispered, trying to sit up but was hit with the belt again. Larry turned around and looked straight at you, clutching the belt tightly. "You." He growled, triggering your fight or flight. "The bitchy girlfriend with the attitude."

"Don't you fucking hurt her." Vance was trembling, barely able to move. He looked weak, and had multiple scars and bruises all over him. "Y/n, you need to leave. Now."

You shook your head, keeping eyes locked with Larry. "No."

Larry stepped towards you. "Leave, or els-"

"Or else what, punk? I can take a hit, come on." You clenched your fists. You basically had this in the bag. He's old, a drunk, and practically cripple. But you were just pregnant, so this could also backfire. You didn't care, you weren't thinking. All you cared about was your boyfriend.

Larry didn't waste a second and swung the belt at you, but you caught it in your hands. He punched in your stomach, causing a pain you've never felt before and your legs immediately went limp and you fell the ground. Larry hit you again, but you attempted to crawl away from him and fight the stinging pain.

Suddenly Vance got up, pulling Larry back and punching him in the face. You were able to get up and grab a knife from the kitchen drawer while Larry and Vance were having the most unfair fight behind you. Vance was obviously hurt so Larry was easily beating him back to the ground.

You limped over, lifting the knife to stab Larry but he turned around and slapped you in the face. You dropped the knife and then kicked Larry in the face, kneeling down to pick it back up but was pushed to the ground. You fell onto your back, hitting your head and nearly blacking out.

You had a miscarriage, haven't even in three days, barely had any energy and is trying to fight a grown ass man. There was no way you could do this without risking your life. You already felt your eyes closing slowly but you fought to keep them open.

Vance wanted to fight, but he knew there was no point. He was tired, beaten, and couldn't even find the strength to get up. The both of you were fucked. Larry picked up the knife, looking at both you and Vance as if trying to decide who to kill first.

A few tears ran down your face as you watched Larry turn to Vance. "No!" You cried out, trying to get up. Your heart was racing and your adrenaline was rushing, you couldn't explain the pain and fear that was going through your mind and body right now.