Crack Baby

mitski. thats it.

——————

You stared at yourself while you brushed your hair into a ponytail, the water running in the sink. You liked the sound it made, and actually forgot to turn it off after you had finished brushing your teeth.

You tried to do your makeup, and it was alright. It's pretty enough, you didn't feel like putting any effort into your look today. You just put on low rise flared leggings and a random top that looked alright. It did make your breast look nice since you were too lazy to put on a bra.

You actually enjoyed the week off you had from school, and wouldn't mind getting suspended again. You never realized how much you liked being inside all day and doing nothing, letting your body rot and decay while you did absolutely nothing but lie in bed and sleep, cry, eat, watch movies and repeat.

But you craved something. Something to feel, something to do, something to breath in and calm
your nerves. You didn't know exactly what it is, but you felt you've been craving it your whole life.

You don't know exactly what you want, but you know you must've had it once before and you know that you want it, you need it. Badly. So badly that you didn't know if you could get to school without completely losing your mind. You felt whatever it was running through your veins and bones, teasing you because it knew you didn't know exactly what it was.

It was wild. It feels wild.

You finished standing weirdly in front of the bathroom mirror and walked out, grabbing your backpack off of the floor and going downstairs. Your dad started working morning shifts instead so he could be with you during the day or whatever, so you had to walk to school.

You haven't spoken to Robin, or Finney. You almost forgot you even had friends since you've been feeling lonely lately. Your mom's belly was getting bigger and bigger, and you actually were excited for her to have a baby. Maybe this guy she's with isn't so bad, but you've never really seen him or how he is with your mom so you wouldn't know how well he treats her,

You began walking to school with your headphones on, listening to some random song that was playing a little too loudly that you could go almost deaf. You weren't so excited to be up this early, and you wanted to go back home and sleep. You wanted to stay in your bed and close your eyes although you're not even sleeping. It's calming, relaxing and you enjoyed day dreaming.

Creating fake scenarios in your head about the most random things made you feel better. It cut you off from the real world so you could forget how crappy your real life is. Dreaming is probably the best thing ever, in your opinion.

Once you got to school you ignored almost everyone around you and nearly bumped into a few people on your way to your locker. You stood in front of it dumbfounded for a second because you forgot your combination, looking for it somewhere in the back of your mind.

You literally couldn't remember. Was it that irrelevant?

"Hey," You jumped, looking at Robin with gaped eyes. "Woah, didn't mean to scare you." He smiled and leaned on the locker next to mine.

"Hi Rob." You smiled a little and turned your head to stare at the locker again.

Robin looked at you puzzled and raised an eyebrow. "Are you gonna open your locker?"

You nodded slowly and then shook your head. "No, i'm just gonna forget it." You turned around and leaned back.

"So how have you been? A lot has happened."

"I've been okay." You bit the skin off of your lips nervously. You hadn't talked to Robin in a while, or Finney. It felt awkward at that moment and you wanted to go home so badly.