A Bad Feeling

"You're funny looking." The kid pokes and touches and grabs at your face. You feel like you're in a petting zoo and a bunch of kindergartners came for a field trip. You might be, none of it feels or looks real. The kids perfectly placed freckles and icey diamond eyes, especially with his slicked back ginger ponytail. And his strange outfit. Polka dot suspenders and orange button up under with a flower on the chest pocket.

"And you look like a clown." He laughs in your face. You look around, maybe embarrassed. The clinic room was very plain and pale, the entire opposite of a funeral. White, white everywhere. The little ginger white boy, the white walls, white bed, white counter sink and soap that almost looks like semen.

White floor, white paintings with white frames,
white windows with white stained window glass, white potted plants and the plants are white as well. Even your gown is white. It bothers you, making your head hurt and stomach church. The only thing that isn't white is the little ginger white boys outfit.

You squint at him intently, trying to make sure you aren't completely mad. "Aye, who're staring at?"

"Where's the doctor... doctor," Your voice trails off into a faint echo.

"Doctor? Doctor who?" The boy crosses his arms.

"I can't remember the name. My head hurts." You imply to him.

"Doctor who? Or doctor what? Doctor when, doctor where, doctor why, doctor what's it to you?" A lollipop suddenly appears in his mouth. It was not there before. 

"Doctor what's it." You guess. "I need to see them. My stomach hurts and my head hurts."

"Well of course your stomach hurts, silly." He giggles.

"Was that lollipop always there? In your-"

"You want one?" A lollipop appears in his hand in front of you as he waved in your face.

"No, where is the doctor?"

"Chillax. I will go get doctor what's it." The kid turns around and skips happily out of the room while humming.

"What a strange little lad that he is." You smile widely to yourself.

You wiggle your toes making sure you are real. You wait awhile, listening to the ticking clock on the walk in front of you while kicking your feet and humming a song you've never heard in your life. It spins and spins and you watch like a fascinated baby that can't stop staring at such brilliance. But this isn't brilliant, it's irritating. Stupid basic white clock.

"The clock isn't basic, it's white. It's perfect. It spins and everything." Doctor what's it walks inside and replies as if you said that outloud. Maybe you did.

"But every other clock can do that." You frown and look back at the clock, then at doctor what's it.

"But this one is white, so it's automatically better. More perfect." Doctor what's it removes the stethoscope from his neck and sticks each end into his ears. They then hold the cold metal part to your chest.

"But it doesn't have character, doc. What if it was a black clock? Or a red, or blue or green or-"

"Stop it." They hiss sternly, snapping at you and staring deeply into your eyes. They just stare, face as still and frozen as the clock that suddenly stopped. You couldn't move, you couldn't blink or speak or anything. You're breathing but your chest and shoulders aren't rising and falling. It's like time has stopped.

Doctor what's it's eyes just stare scarily, and you wanna freak out and scream but it's impossible.

"Nothing is impossible." He finally moves and the clock keeps going again.