Part 3 Chapter 2

2 months later,

Shipyard facility 241, located in orbit around Moon 1, New World

Director's Room of the Shipyard.

Shipyard 241 is one of eight shipyards orbiting one of the moons of the planet New World. This shipyard facility is different from others because it has an R&D laboratory and ship design and weaponry facilities.

Governor Trevat is visiting shipyard 241 to see what equipment is being made for use in the New World. Currently, the shipyard director, Hikam Kasumi, is briefing on several equipment designs to Governor Trevat, Admiral Ira, and Secretary Erman. Admiral Ira was appointed as the commanding officer of the troops to be created for the purposes of the New World, so she served concurrently as commander of the 3rd Defense Force and the New World Armed Force that would be formed. Admiral Ira was appointed because she used to be the leader of one of the naval units on her home planet, the planet Corelia.

The plains, or continents, where the fragments of the planet Terminus are located are now referred to as the Terminus islands. Also, to later make contact with the residents of the New World, the name of the Galactic Empire was temporarily changed to the Myto Empire.

Director Hikam reported that there were 12 Battlestar ships that had been completed, and production of star fighters continued to replace all existing TIE series star fighters. All the old ships, Dreadnought, Carrack, and Lancer, have been decommissioned along with all unused civilian ships and existing damaged ships. All of them are placed in the deep space depot in the Oort Cloud of the system where New World is located. Trevat directed that the most damaged starting ships be recycled in order to recover all valuable components and increase starship special metal reserves in order to build new ships later.

Director Hikam Kasumi gave a new ship design that was discussed last month with Myto's leadership and received a lot of input from Governor Trevat. All of the ships were made using starship grade metal, which was much stronger than ordinary steel. The battleship is outfitted with starship armor.

The design of the ship to be made:

Destroyer, Mardut class (Idea from Sigma class 10514)

Dimensions: Length 109M, Width 14M

Displacement : 2,567 tons

Power generation : 2 x micro fusion generator 100 MW each

Propulsion : 2 x electric pods 15 MW each, 6 x repulsorlift

Speed : maximum 38 knots at water, 140km/h in air using repulsorlift (max attitude 100m)

Weapon : 1 x 130mm coil gun with coaxial light turbolaser, 1 x 40 VLS tubes, 2 x quad 30cm Torpedo, 2 x CIWS 25mm coil gun with 16 Micro AA Missile Type 12