Part 7 Chapter 9

Ocean, 100 km from Laiforia
Mu Empire's submarine, 'Tuna'

Most submarines owned by the Mu Empire patrol around Leifor to conduct a naval blockade against Leifor. The submarines move together in small groups to form a wolfpack. The submarines 'Tuna', 'Seabass', and 'Mackarel' are part of a wolfpack named Wolfpack 5 that patrols around Leifor's capital, Leiforia.

  Voyage class submarine (idea from class 209) Dimensions: 64 m long, 6

Dimensions: 64 m long, 6.5 m wide
Displacement: 1,800 tons full load
Propulsion: Diesel-Electric: 4 x 1 MW Diesel, 1 x 7,000 SHP Electric Motor, 1 x 300 SHP Creep Electric Motor Driving 1 shaft, 15 MWh NaFePO4 solid-state battery
Speed: Maximum 25 knots submerged burst speed (2 hours)
Range: 12,000 NM @ 10 knots surfaced
Weapon: 8 x 550mm torpedo tubes, 14 torpedoes
Sensors: radar, sonar
Crew: 30

The submarine 'Tuna' and the other ships in Wolfpack 5 sail at periscope depth. A young captain named Captain Lantior is in charge of the submarine "Tuna." Captain Lantior was currently in his cabin doing some paperwork.

Suddenly, the ship's intercom beeped, "Captain to the control room, captain to the control room."

Captain Lantior immediately cleared the paperwork on his desk and headed for the control room of the submarine.

"Report!" said Captain Lantior after entering the control room.

"Captain, we detected multiple contacts on radar, range 22 km, they are moving at 8 knots towards Leiforia. Bearing 120." The XO said.

"Let's see it." Captain Lantior said this while heading to his workstation.

Captain Lantior pressed a button to raise the photonic mast to the surface. The photonic mast is a periscope replacement device, which is a mast outside the pressure hull, inside the sail, that can be raised and lowered equipped with a camera, either a regular camera, a low-light camera, or an IR camera, and also equipped with a zoom lens. The advantage of this photonic mast is that there is no need for penetration in the pressure hull, making the pressure hull stronger and smaller in size, thus reducing the wake that can be detected by the opponent and saving space in the pressure hull.

Captain Lantior looked through his monitor screen at the conditions outside the ship that could be seen through the camera on the photonic mast.

"Bearing 120, huh?" he asked for confirmation while turning the dial to point the photonic mast in the desired direction.

"That's right, now bearing 121." The radar operator replied.

There appeared on the monitor screen a number of dots with thin black smoke—a convoy of ships. He turned another dial to zoom in on the screen. Once the zoom reached a sufficient level, it appeared that the ships were a number of transport ships, mostly passenger transport ships. On them, he could see the Gra Valkas flag flying.