Part 7 Chapter 2 Arrival

Holy Mirishial Empire, Port Town, Cartalpas.
The port of Cartaplas

Cartalpas had extensive port facilities. That was the reason it was chosen to be the location of the 11-country international leadership conference; it could easily accommodate each country's ambassador and their military escorts. The port authorities were keeping tallies for each country as they arrived.

"The ship from the First Civilization, Torquia Kingdom, is arriving! Seven ships-of-the-line and one delegation boat, eight in all!" said a port staffer to the nearby port manager, Bronze.

"Got it, have Eriahe from the First Civilization greet them." Bronze replied

The ships arriving at the port were assigned an appropriate guide.

"First Civilization, the nation of Agarta is nearly here, a convoy of six magic ships and two civilian ships." Another staff member said.

"Got it." Bronze said.

All the harbor staff were very busy taking care of the ships from the representatives of the 11 countries that arrived at almost the same time. All the countries were due to arrive today, causing the port authorities to be extremely busy.

The port manager, Bronze, loved the leadership conference. All the countries used "escorting our diplomats" as an excuse to roll out their latest warships in a show of strength. To a military fanatic like him, working at this event was basically like being at a festival.

"None of them are as impressive as the ships in the zeroth magic fleet, but I digress." said Bronze

Normally, the only time he would get to see a bunch of warships was when the 0th fleet, which was maintained at a nearby base, assembled each year for a customary, yearly joint training event with some western island countries. And so, Bronze waited with bated breath. For this year's conference, he was most excited to see the ships brought by two countries in particular. One was the militaristic country that took down the western superpower Leifor in the blink of an eye: the Gra Valkas Empire. The other forced the Third Civilization superpower, the Papaldia Empire, to capitulate: the Myto Empire. What kind of ships did they have? He simply couldn't calm his rapidly-beating heart.

Suddenly, from the intercom of a traffic controller at the harbor watch tower, said, "There are a number of ships approaching. It seems that one of the ships is large! Please confirm its origin."

Bronze went straight to the window and looked with his binoculars. There were five ships approaching, one of which looked extremely large, it must be a battleship class. It seemed to be almost as big as HME's main battle ships!

"Confirmed. Those are the ships of the Mu Empire. A battleship with four escort ships, including one aircraft carrier, approached the harbor. The Mu Empire's battleship is about to dock at the harbor!" said Bronze

Within half an hour, the Mu Empire's battleship approached the dock smoothly, leaving its escort ships anchored in the middle of the sea. The spectators at the dock cheered at the sight of the huge battleship. The giant 40-cm cannons that were lined up in threes looked very dashing on the Mu Empire's warship.