Part 6 Chapter 21

Trantor Low Orbit
Star Destroyer 'Myto'
Moff Trevat's office.

Star Destroyer 'Myto' and Trevat are on Trantor to inspect the production facilities in the city of Detroit. Moff Trevat was currently meeting with the governor of Trantor, Governor Noona, in his office on the star destroyer 'Myto'.

"What about the progress of the starship production facility in Detroit, Governor?" asked Trevat after they had been talking for a while.

"We've expanded it to become quite large. We can make more than 20 manufacturing lines capable of making 150-meter ships. Therefore, we can build ships using the Solar Empire design that we enlarged to 120 meters according to Dr. Anen's design." Governor Noona said

"Good, is it possible to increase the number of production lines?" Trevat asked.

"Of course it can. But the problem is human resources. We don't have enough people for that. We use as many droids as possible, but we still need human intervention to supervise and perform many other functions. Right now, the human capacity in Detroit is almost at the tipping point." Noona replied.

"Hmm, that's difficult. Is it possible to recruit people in other cities or at Terminus?" asked Trevat.

"It seems that we are almost close to the maximum distribution of people in the terminus. There are very few people who want to be transferred to Trantor." Governor Noona said.

"Oh, yeah? What is the current population of Trantor?" asked Trevat.

"The last count showed about 42 million people. I estimate that there are actually about 43-44 million people." Noona said.

"Hmm, it's true, now the population is also an obstacle for us to consolidate the territory. Currently, the largest colonies are in Elysia, Trantor, Helicon, Anacreon, Solaria, and Loris. In Elysia alone, there are only about 100 million people, mostly in Terminus, with 96 million people. I predict that the minimum population of Terminus that can be reached is around 40 million people. Actually, there are still about 60 million people who can be moved." Trevat said.

"They are already so comfortable in Terminus that it is difficult to move. Likewise, there are still many empty planets to colonize." Noona reminded Trevat.

"That's right, we still have to colonize many planets. The population of each planet cannot be less than 3 million people in order to be self-sustaining. Is there no other way? I want Trantor to become the industrial center of the Myto Empire." Trevat said.

"I will find another way, Moff. But that is the current situation. We can't possibly recruit people from other countries in Elysia, can we?" Noona said.

"I don't think so," Trevat said.

"The maximum I can do is increase the number of production lines to around 30–35. To go beyond that, I need at least 100,000 more people who will handle it for an additional 30 lines. I will try to get them from other sectors in Trantor, and I will also try to attract voluntary transfers from the terminus." Noona said.

"Very good. My target is 100 production lines. I will ask Governor Ira for help in finding people for that." Trevat said.

"Thank you, Moff. We are in a very significant development phase, so the population of 40 million people still feels very insufficient. As you know, Trantor is also currently the largest producer of agricultural and livestock products in the Myto Empire. The same goes for the production of other finished materials." Noona said.

"That's right, only Elysia can rival the amount of production from Trantor. The other planets still have very little output." Trevat said.

"That's right, that's why I also raised another issue, security. The number of warships stationed on Trantor is still very small." Noona said. "We can't even fully guarantee security in the solar system, let alone around the Trantor solar system."