Part 5 Chapter 10 Storm is Brewing

Palpadia Empire
3rd Foreign Affairs Department

Department head Kyeos was so furious. This was due to the Kingdom of Fenn's rejection of Palpadia's request and the failure of the imperial oversight army's mission to punish the Kingdom of Fenn. Never before had the 3rd Foreign Affairs Department suffered this kind of failure, and not even any other Foreign Affairs Department had suffered such a failure. It is a very surprising and worrying incident.

"You'll regret insulting the empire, Fenn..." said Kyeos.

This happened because the Palpadia Empire held dominance over five countries in the civilized areas and 67 outside of them, both large and small countries. For Palpadia, which is a superpower country, such refusal is inexcusable and must be punished against the country. Otherwise, the fear of the Palpadia Empire will disappear, and the Palpadia Empire may lose its prestige among the small countries. As a result, many countries will rebel against the Palpadia Empire. The defeat of the imperial oversight army could make the barbarian countries close to the Palpadia Empire less afraid of the Palpadia Empire. However, future disobedience would cause many hard problems to deal with.

Therefore, the 3rd Foreign Affairs Department sent 22 ships from the imperial oversight army, including the Wyvern Lord Carrier, to punish the Kingdom of Fenn. The dispatch was made to coincide with the military festival held by the Kingdom of Fenn, which was attended by many barbarian countries around the Kingdom of Fenn, so the attack was expected to create a terror effect on the festival participants. The fleet of ships and wyvern lords were to attack the capital city of Fenn, Amanoki, with no mercy and burn it to the ground. This would show the other barbarian countries what would happen if they tried to stand up to Papaldia.

But the result of the attack was shocking. The wyvern lords sent were not heard from; communication was cut off suddenly and without any warning, and after one day, news came to the 3rd foreign affairs department: the imperial oversight army and the eastern fleet were defeated.

From the results of the intelligence data, it was found that all the wyvern lords were defeated by the opponent. The wyvern lords only had time to shoot one fireball, which burned a small part of the Kingdom of Fenn's palace. But what was even more surprising was that the admiral who commanded the fleet stated that they were defeated by only 1 ship, and that ship was smaller than a 100-gun ship. It is not clear from which country the ship came. Currently, the intelligence network of the Palpadia Empire is trying to find out the country of origin of the ship.

The report from Admiral Poquetoire, leader of a fleet of 22 ships from the imperial oversight army's eastern fleet that was sent to the Kingdom of Fenn to punish the country, stated strange things that were beyond common sense as follows:

- Encounters an enemy ship that does not have a sail but can move at a high speed, estimated at 30 knots. The ship only has one cannon. It was estimated that the ship was moving using mechanical equipment and not magic because the mage and magic detector did not detect any strong magic emanating from the ship.

- The ships of the Imperial Oversight Army cannot match the speed and maneuverability of the opposing ships. Therefore, the course of the battle is really determined by the opposing ship.

- The wyvern lords that launched and attacked the ship were defeated by the ball of light that suddenly appeared from the ship, chasing the wyvern lords unavoidably, even though the wyvern lords had maneuvered to dodge. The wyvern lords were crushed to nothing by the explosion of the ball of light.

- From a distance of 4 km, the ship fired its cannon and was able to hit the ships of the Imperial Oversight Army.

- The ship fired 11 times in a row and hit the main mast on a different ship 11 times, causing a mobility kill. The firing speed of the enemy ship's cannon was extremely fast, there was almost no pause between shots. None of the shots on the ships of the Imperial Oversight Army missed right at the main mast.