Part 5 Chapter 14 Mu Empire Visit - 2

4 hours after the plane carrying the Mu Empire Diplomatic Team took off from Barrat, Kingdom of Quila
Yogyakarta city airport, Terminus Island, Myto Empire

When the plane made its approach to the Yogyakarta airport, the Yogyakarta metropolitan area was clearly visible around and under the plane. You can see tall buildings in the distance in downtown Yogyakarta. These tall buildings are surrounded by suburban areas, which also have quite tall buildings and several detached housing complexes. On the outside are farms and satellite towns. Even so, in terms of area, it appears that the city of Yogyakarta is not very large. This causes the city of Yogyakarta to be a compact city.

"Look how tall the buildings are in the center of town." said ambassador Balen. "I'm not sure how many stories the buildings have."

"That building is clearly far above 100 meters," said Myrus. "My prediction is around 400 meters."

"How much did it cost to make the building? Even though our technology can build buildings several hundred meters high, the costs are astronomical, so no one wants to build them. Furthermore, how much steel and cement are required to extend it beyond 200 meters?But here, buildings like that seem to be very common. They really seem to be making efficient use of the land." Ambassador Ezio stated.

"And this is not the capital. I cannot imagine, how much taller the capital's buildings are. " Myrus said.

Not long after, the DC-8 plane landed on a very long runway. The plane headed for an apron that looked small compared to the size of the airfield. It appears that there are actually many aprons at the airfield, but the other aprons are occupied by mysterious vehicles that are much bigger than the DC-8. On the apron the DC-8 was headed for, there were 4 other DC-8s, 3 DC-7s and 3 DC-4s.

The members of the diplomatic team scanned the contents of the other, mysterious apron.

"Look at how big the vehicle is, it looks no less than five times longer than the DC-8. How can something that big fly? asked Ambassador Ezio.

"That's the question, and look at it, that vehicle has no wings! Also, the shape is not aerodynamic. What gives it enough lift to fly? " Lassan asked confusedly.

"It's really strange, moreover, there is no visible engine, whether it's a propeller or a jet engine." Myrus continued.

Their DC-8 plane finally reached its designated parking spot. When the plane was powered down, they saw lots of mechanical things working around the plane, some were opening the trunk, while others were doing inspection and maintenance on the plane. Some of those things had legs and arms, but others had wheels and manipulators.

"What is that thing?" Myrus asked the flight attendant.

"Oh it's a droid. " said the flight attendant.

"What are droids? Myrus asked again.

"Oh yeah, you don't know, do you? Hmmm... maybe the closest thing to compare is golems when it comes to magic, but this is without magic, it's a product of technology and science.

There are many types of droids depending on their use." the flight attendant explains.

"I see. Myus said this while struggling to comprehend the implications.

"Why do you need droids? "Isn't it enough to use human labor?" ambassador Ezio asked in response to Myrus' question.

"Droids can be more precise and stronger than humans. Also, make fewer mistakes. We need droids because we are also short on manpower. " said the flight attendant.

"Shortage of labor? How could it be? Doesn't Myto have a population of over 200 million? " asked Ezio further.

"I'm not in a position to tell you that. All I can say is that we have other commitments that are far bigger than the sum of our population. " The flight attendant responded.