Part 7 Chapter 17

30 km from the border of the Mu Empire – Leifor

The battle continues between the Gra Valkas troops, who are trying to enter Mu Empire territory, and the border defense troops of Mu Empire. Until now, Mu Empire troops have managed to enter 30 km from the border. Fighters from the Mu Empire supported the troops by conducting airstrikes. This battle took place all over the Mu Empire-Leifor border.

It has been more than a day since the battle began to stalemate, with the movement of Mu Empire troops slowing down. Although the Gra Valkas forces did not receive resupply from the direction of Leiforia, the combat material reserves of the Gra Valkas were quite large because they were originally expected to attack deep into the Mu Empire, so they kept large reserves of military materials and food supplies near the Mu-Leifor border. The Mu Empire could only slowly break through into Leiforia due to the airstrike support from the Mu Empire air force. Casualties on the Mu Empire's side were also starting to be high. Almost 1 battalion, or around 800 people, had become casualties. But the casualties on the Gra Valkas side were much higher, it was estimated that they had lost nearly 20% of their strength, which was nearly 80,000 dead or wounded. Of these, around 18,000 were taken prisoner. However, the Gra Valkas were still able to treat their wounded soldiers because they had a large number of field hospitals. As a result, their general strength was not much reduced.

However, the almost 24-hour airstrikes by the Mu Empire caused tremendous losses of military material. The airstrikes destroyed a large number of combat vehicles, including tanks, armored vehicles, trucks, and others. Not to mention, a number of ammunition depots were also destroyed. However, more importantly, the Mu Empire's airstrikes had largely destroyed the anti-aircraft weapons of the Gra Valkas, greatly reducing their anti-aircraft capability. That caused the Mu Empire's airstrikes to become more frequent and effective, and the casualties of fighters on the Mu Empire's side to become less and less. Of course, the continuous airstrikes caused the physical and mental condition of the Gra Valkas troops to continue to fall. Moreover, they became afraid of ground attacks because the Gra Valkas troops had to disperse to prevent the Mu Empire's airstrikes from destroying many of their troops if they gathered.

They were unable to replace heavy military equipment like armored vehicles and AA guns, which became the target of attacks from the Mu Empire's fighter planes, due to the breakup with Leiforia, the seat of Gra Valkas' power in Leifor, and also because the Mu Empire's navy had blocked the entire ocean. As a result, the number of combat vehicles from Gra Valkas has dropped greatly.

At this time, the Mu Empire's combat vehicles began to arrive from all corners of the empire and had already crossed the border. The combat vehicles came either by train for the tanks or by driving across the highway for the armored cars that used wheels so that it was easier to walk on the highway. The combat vehicles came in large convoys, which made it very risky for the Gra Valkas air force to attack. But with air control over almost all of Leifor, that risk was very small.

Although most of them are just armored cars, the Mu Empire hopes that the presence of these combat vehicles can change the dynamics of warfare on the border. This is because to transport tanks, trains are needed, which are more limited than armored cars that can run on roads. Currently, the combat vehicles have begun to move into the battlefield, entering through the Leifor-Mu Empire border.

.

.

.

Laifor, near a village, Traete.
30 km from the Mu Empire-Leifor border, 20 km from the coast

A great battle took place here. Gra Valkas' troops dug in at Treate village and its surroundings. Since nighttime, the battle has been unchanged. The Mu Empire's repeated attacks failed to capture the village. Due to cannon and mortar fire from the Mu Empire's side, the village had already collapsed into ruins. Among the ruins, Gra Valkas's troops held their ground. The civilians from the village had long since fled outside the village.