Chapter 28

Amber twirled around the throne room. "How exciting! Kryevka is having its first festival since forever!" she trilled.

She opened her mouth and sang,

For the first time in forever

There'll be music there'll be liiiighhhht-

- "For the First Time in Forever" from Frozen, Kristen Bell

"Shut up Amber," said James, who didn't look up from the shield he was polishing.

Amber sniffed.

A/N: Is it just me that thinks that Amber singing For the First Time In Forever would sound amazing?

"I agree, it is exciting!" said Sofia cheerfully. "The Festival of Starlight. A celebration of dreams and new beginnings."

Baileywick entered the room, "Your highnesses, I suggest you get ready. We'll be leaving in an hour."

"WHAT! That's so little time! I need to do my hair! And get dressed-" Amber said, panicked.

James smirked, "I'm already dressed. I guess in the meantime I'll head over to Zumaria and pick up Vivian." He handed the shield to a servant and the girls bid him goodbye as he strode out of the throne room.

Sofia and Amber then went back to their respective rooms to get ready.

Sofia put on a sleeveless dress that started off as a midnight blue at the top and then faded to a sky blue at the hem. The darker part of the fabric was covered in silver sparkles giving the appearance of a starry sky. 

A/N: This is how I imagine her dress

Sofia had grown out her auburn curls and they now fell down to her waist. Her maid twisted her hair into a waterfall braid and placed a silver tiara with stars on her head.

When Sofia stepped out of her room she was greeted by Amber, who wore a sparkly golden gown.

Amber gasped, "Sofia you look amazing! You look just like the night sky!"

Sofia smiled, "And you, my dear sister, look exactly like the radiant sun!"

They laughed and linked arms, heading towards the carriage. 

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Sofia leaned over the side of the carriage as they soared over the festival. The sun was starting to set and it cast a golden glow over the capital of Kryevka. As the sky faded to purple, lamps started to illuminate, making the village look like it was covered with stars. She gasped when a gargantuan wheel caught her eye. It was almost the size of a castle. Upon closer view, she saw that it was rotating.

"Look at the giant wheel!" she said to her family. Her parents nodded, impressed, and Amber peered at it with a pair of binoculars. 

"I wonder what mechanism they used to make it spin," said Desmond.

"There's people sitting on it!" cried Amber.

"No way!" said Sofia.

Amber handed Sofia the binoculars, and sure enough, the wheel had small booths with people sitting inside them. Her eyes widened in wonder.

When the carriage landed at the entrance, Hugo was waiting for them.

Sofia stepped out and rushed forward to greet him. The moment Hugo saw her, his jaw dropped.

Sofia pointed to the giant wheel. "What's that thing? It's amazing!"

All Hugo managed to sputter out in response was, "You're beautiful."