0.0 How It All Ended

People say you never think about you death until it happens- at least normal people don't

And most read about the world going to shit after some freak accident.
But what happened to the world in the course of a few hours was what nobody prepared for.
A small family of four sure didn't except to see people viciously attacking each other one day.

~

Kassiopia Whitlock was like any other teenager with her twin brother although he claims he's older as he was born first. He always told anyone who would listen that he was her protecter but he couldn't protect her from the end of the world.
It was just a normal day like any other as the brother sister duo walked home from school.
"I'm telling you I see the way Carla looks at me!"
Mason yelled as he talked about one of Kassie's friends. Kassie rolled her eyes as they continued their walk home, she knew most of her friends had crushes on her twin brother but if she told him he'd get a big head about so many girls liking him. Just as they got to the house they saw their dad outside with a stressed out look on his face.
Once he noticed his kids he ushered them over.
They knew that their father had taken their mother to the doctors this morning after going on a third day of having a really high fever.
"Hey dad what's going on?" Mason asked as he looked to his dad then the front door in a state of confusion, "did you get anything from the doctors to help with moms fever?" He questioned after not receiving a response to his first question.

"No the doctors didn't give us anything, they told us to just wait it out" Danny explained to his children as he thought back to a few hours ago, "they said a lot of people were having this flu and the same symptoms so they said it's nothing to worry about right now" he explained as he started to pull his kids into their home.
As they walked into the home they could hear the Tv talking about some recent attacks, the number of attacks in the cities were growing more and more violent every time the news played.
Schools were being shutdown to stop the attacks and the spread of the new flu virus.
Doctors say they've never seen anything like this, they say this virus is a new strand of something.
But nobody knows what it originated from and they don't know how it's being spread so quickly.
"Hey kiddos" their mom said from her position on the couch.

Her face looked sunken in and she had bags under her eyes, her skin had grown paler and sweat covered her face. She did not look like the same person she was before the fever had over taken her system. Kassie and Mason could hardly recognize their mother anymore, her tan skin was replaced with a paper white complexion and her eyes seemed duller. "Ok so kids we are going to isolate ourselves from mom so she can heal and so we don't catch what she has" dad said with a distant tone as he didn't really was their kids around a cheater.

Marie had cheated with a cop named Shane and had no remorse when Danny called her out on it in front of their children. She replied that the marriage had been loveless and she couldn't live like that especially when he was in a drunken frenzy almost all the time. Danny would do some unforgivable things when he was drunk, he was an abusive drunk just like his father was.
"It happened once Danny! One time" she whisper to her ex husband as she knew what he was inferring.