0.3 New Group, New Beginnings

"On three we go" Mason said as he held onto Kassie once more but now she seemed practically limp in his arms and was barely awake, this made Mason more concerned with her safety

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"On three we go" Mason said as he held onto Kassie once more but now she seemed practically limp in his arms and was barely awake, this made Mason more concerned with her safety.
Glenn and Maggie nodded as the younger boy stuck up three fingers and started the countdown.
When he reached one he kicked open the door and let Maggie and Glenn out first as he picked his sister up bridal style and followed after them.
For a moment they thought they were in the clear until they came face to face with Merle and one of his henchmen.

Maggie stabs the other guard in the neck and takes his gun, while Glenn attacks Merle.
Merle gets the best of Glenn and has his weaponised hand pointed at his throat, but Maggie points her gun at him. "LET HIM GO!" Maggie yelled before she heard a grunt and a painful groan behind her.

They were in a Mexican standoff when several more gunmen appear behind Maggie.
She and Glenn are recaptured and the twins were taken with them. The four were forced to their knees in classic execution stance.

Glenn looks at Maggie and grabs her hand with his own "just keep looking me."

Maggie whimpers back to him, "I love you!" before they both get sacks pulled over their heads.

Mason watched as they picked up his sister who was now fully limp in a man's arms, as he made a move to get to his twin when a bag was pulled over his head too. "It's been nice catching up," Merle sneers. The three were being led down the hall to be killed when someone sets off some smoke-bombs. In the cover of the smoke Mason, Maggie and Glenn's bag was pulled from their heads. Someone started to pull on him but he stopped to see where Kassiopeia was but the person didn't let up on their grip on him.

Jackson kicked out the man's knee making him drop Kassie, she fell to the floor with a thud and small whine before he ran to pick the girl up when they started running to the supply house for cover. Mason looked over the group who he figured were Maggie and Glenn's group, "w-where is my sister??" He asked in a weak voice before his eyes landed on her in the arms of a boy who looked a little like Merle.

"Glenn, Maggie who are they?" A man with a slight beard asked, "they helped us escape" Maggie said as she helped Glenn into a hoodie.
Jackson looked over the girl in his arms, this was the girl he had been raving over for the last two weeks which was nothing like him. Kassies eyes opened slightly before she let out a pained groan, "hey Kas, your okay. We're gonna get you out of here" Jackson smiled softly down at Kassiopeia before readjusting her in his grip.

"How bad are you two hurt?" Rick asked,
looking over the younger girl for injuries, before looking back to Glenn, who looked like he had been to hell and back but the girl looked worse as her bruising was getting darker.
Glenn looked at Maggie as she finished helping him into a hoodie, "I don't know about her but from what I heard they didn't go easy on her" Maggie looked over the girl "they didn't" she said lowly as she remembered watching the whole thing.

"Daryl, Jax. This was Merle." Glenn spoke up, knowing that the siblings didn't know Jackson and Daryl were related to Merle. "He did this." Glenn said firmly.

"You saw him?" Daryl asked, walking forwards to face Glenn.

"Face to face." Glenn confirmed, "He threw a
walker at me. He was gonna execute the four of us." He told the two brothers, that couldn't believe his words.

"Our brothers this Governor?" Daryl asked.

"No." Kassiopeia whispered, knowing that no matter how bad Merle was, she wouldn't compare him to that monster who made her and her brother into children soldiers.
"He's someone way worse" She informed Daryl. "Your brother is his lieutenant, but not a monster like him" She carried on, but groaned out when she tried to lift her head from Jackson's chest, he moved her slightly so she had her head on his shoulder.

"Does he know that we're still with you?" Jackson
spoke up for the first time, not wanting to
believe that his brother would do this to the girl
he grown to care for in a short period of time.
If he had, he didn't think he could ever forgive him for it.

"We have a car a few miles down the road from here. All we have to do is get to it" the man with the beard said as he moved the blinds on the window.

"Hey, if Merle's alive, we need to see him."
Daryl told everyone, not wanting to rush off
without even seeing his older brother.

Jackson clenched his jaw as his brother spoke,
unable to feel the same way about Merle after
seeing what he had done to Kassie and Glenn,
"What we need to do, is get them out of here"
He snapped at Daryl, not meaning to, he was
just confused.

Rick nodded at Jackson's statement, "Not now,
we're in hostile territory." He told Daryl, who
argued back instantly.

"He's our brother." Daryl tried to reason with
their leader, also confused at why Jax wouldn't
want to see Merle.

"Look at what he did, Daryl!" Jax tried to get
through his thick skull, "he knew we were with
them and he still did it! This can wait, we need
to get back home." He snapped at his older brother.

Jackson just couldn't believe that Merle would do something like this - he liked to think that he and Daryl had changed, that they were better people than the ones they were back in Atlanta, but it seemed that Merle hadn't changed one bit.
"But maybe we can talk to him, work something
out.." Daryl said to his younger brother, hurt that Jax wouldn't want to go looking for Merle like he did.

"Let's just go" Rick hushed, knowing that they could come back for Merle if that's what the others wanted, but right now, they needed to get out of here, "You're not thinking straight, Daryl. Look, no matter what they say, they're hurt. Glenn can barely walk and the girl is barely awake anymore, how are we gonna make it out if we get overrun by walkers or this Governor catches up to us? I need you!" He told Daryl in a hushed whisper, trying to get through to the man he called his second.  "Are you with me?" He then asked Daryl, as Jax watched him nod.

Mason looked over his sister and wouldn't think twice before shooting anyone who stood In his way. Everyone here can burn in hell, after the governor let Martinez get away with beating his sister again, they all are disgusting people, and the world would be better off without them.
The group ran out of the house and then to the edge of the town, finding a bus to jump up on as Maggie helped Glenn up first, Mason next, then Kassie was passed off to her brother then Jackson pulled himself up, until one of the prisoners, that were apart of the prison group , had been shot.
Everyone looked around at each other but noticed Daryl was nowhere in sight, causing Jax to panic.
"Jax!" Rick shouted, gaining the boys
attention, "We'll go back for him, let's go!" He
said, trying to get the boy to leave with them.
They will go back to get Daryl, no matter what,
and Jax knew that.

Everything happened so quickly after that.
One minute, Everyone was running through the streets of Woodbury, shooting back at their attackers, and the next, they were outside of the gates, realising that they were three people down from when the group had entered in the first place.
Rick started to usher everyone away from Woodbury and down the empty road back to the car.
Glenn was struggling a lot with keeping up with the group, but with Maggie's help, he managed, but now Kassie was coming in and out of consciousness in Masons arms.
All that mattered to him at the moment was that his sister was safe and away from the monsters in Woodbury.