1.3 Pretty Lies

Kassiopeia watched the walkers pass by her window as they drove, it was quiet until they reached what looked like The governors cars

Kassiopeia watched the walkers pass by her window as they drove, it was quiet until they reached what looked like The governors cars. Everyone got out of the car as Daryl kicked his kickstand out, Kassie pulled out her machete as she followed the group. As they walked up to the scene they saw walkers of the people who had been at the prison not even an hour ago, they quickly took out the walkers when Kassie froze when she was Mr. Barns eating Mrs Barns. She breathed out quickly as she stepped away from the man, the man that had caused her and her brother so much harm. She kicked out at him but was yanked to the ground by a reanimated Mrs Barns she pulled out her knife and stabbed her in the head and turned to stab Mr. Barns but Michonne was already over her slicing his head in half. Michonne pulled the girl up who nodded her head in thanks when someone hit the window behind Daryl. Everyone looked up to see a woman that was very much alive pressed up against the window, Daryl pulled open the door and motioned for her to get out. She quickly got out with her hands raised, "Karen?" Kassie asked as she seethed her machete back into its leather holder.

Karen turned around at the mention of her name with a confused look, "Kassie Barns?" She asked as she looked over the girl.

Daryl and Rick looked at her in confusion as Michonne just shook her head, "n-no it's Kassiopeia Whitlock, they never adopted us" she said as Karen came over and pulled her into a hug.

"The Governor said the people at the prison kidnapped you and your brother- we were coming to save you!" Karen exclaimed as she looked down at the girl, "Philip said they took you and were holding you against your will after they attacked us, he said they were going to kill you if we didn't save you" she explained with a frown before looking back to the other three adults. She had a moment of realization and pulled Kassie away from them, "these are the people who attacked us!" She stated but Kassiopeia pulled her arm away from her.

"No you got it all wrong, Philip attacked them by taking two of his people. They wanted nothing from us but peace but Philip attacked them over and over again and made them out to be the bad guys when they have done nothing but care for me and my brother" Kassiopeia explained making Rick smile lightly to himself.

Rick walked up behind the girl and placed a hand on her shoulder, "what happened here?" Rick asked making Karen look to the ground.

"He killed them all- it was completely out of nowhere! We were all talking about the attack and how we didn't want to fight the living and then he just shot at everyone!" Karen exclaimed as she ran her hands through her hair, "we- we have to go save everyone we left" she said frantically.

Michonne caught her arms and gave a reassuring nod, "we will but we're gonna need your help" Karen nodded before climbing into the car, everyone shared a look before they all got back to their respective vehicles and started toward Woodbury.