0.6 The Prison

The second Rick pulled up to the prison he told Maggie to continue to drive up to the prison as Rick sprung out of the car and pulled his son in for a hug, Carl hugging back just as tightly, having missed his father a lot

told Maggie to continue to drive up to the prison as Rick sprung out of the car and pulled his son in for a hug, Carl hugging back just as tightly, having missed his father a lot.  Jackson wanted to stay with Rick to talk with Carol, but he had no idea what he would say to the woman, and he really didn't wanna leave Mason's and Kassie's sides. It felt strange to come back without his brother - like none of this was real, he wished Daryl could have come back with him, but if he knew his brother at all, he knew that Daryl couldn't leave Merle alone in the woods to survive, especially since he has one hand.
Jax just couldn't bring himself to leave - he wasn't the same boy he used to be, the one that Merle knew before he had been separated from them all, he was different, he had opened up to the group, and called them his family now.
As much as he hated to admit it, but Merle just wasn't his family anymore. In this world, blood doesn't mean anything, especially when your brother is friends with a man like the Governor and an abusive asshole.

Rick watched the car pass him, then he
turned to Carol when she had asked where Daryl was. "He's alright. He's alive" He assured
her. "He ran into his brother, they went off." He
informed her.

"But Jax stayed? Even when Daryl and Merle went off?" Carl asked his father, confused at why Jax wouldn't go with his two brothers.

Rick sighed, nodding, "He stayed" he told Carl, "He wanted to go with them, but he couldn't leave us all, especially after he found the girl he likes from the woods" Rick said, smiling sadly as Carl just looked plain confused until he registered what his father said, Jax had told Carl so much about the girl from the woods.
He liked the older boy, he had been friendly
with him back on the farm, and he actually liked
him.

Carol hadn't taken the news any better, upset that Daryl had left her, too, and as they walked up the hill as she silently cried , upset she would never get to see her friend again. As the three reached the top of the hill they were met with the sight of everyone who had stayed behind, Maggie was in a tight embrace with her father and younger sister. Mason and Kassiopeia were still in the car afraid of what the group might think of the two. Maggie looked over to the car and sighed softly at the sight of the two kids trying to hide themselves in the car. Jackson walked over to the car and opened the door for the twins and they slowly came out of the car, "Dad who are they?" Carl asked as he reached for his gun, Rick caught his hand before looking at everyone.

"These two are the reason we got to Maggie and Glenn in time" Rick explained to the group as Mason slowly slid out of the backseat with his twin sister whom was awake now but had some trouble standing on her own."They are one of us now" Rick finished as he looked back to the two teens with a soft look before looking to Hershel, "you think you could take a look at her Hershel?" Hershel nodded as Maggie walked over to the girl and tried to placer her hand on Kassiopeia's shoulder. Kassie flinched away as she saw Maggie's hand raise to her, Kassiopeia knew the woman would never hurt her but it was something the girl has done since she arrived at Woodbury and became a guard for the town. She had seen many beatings because she never knew when to hold her tongue around the men in the group when they talked about things that just weren't right. Mason stepped forward slightly showing that he would walk her in, he didn't know these people but he was indented to them for saving him and his sister. They seemed like good people but the people in Woodbury seemed good to until they showed their true colors. Maggie nodded in understanding as to what the boy ment, she motioned for the twins to follow them inside.