1.4 A New Groove

Kassie walked with her brother as they walked past some people sitting outside, everyone greeted the twin with warm smiles

Kassie walked with her brother as they walked past some people sitting outside, everyone greeted the twin with warm smiles. They walked over toward Carol who was standing at a big flattop grill, "Morning, Daryl" Doctor Caleb Subramanian said as Daryl walked past him.

"What's up, Dr. S?" Daryl replied with a small smile.

"Morning, Daryl."

"Morning, Daryl."

"Hey, Daryl!" Random people called out as he walked past them.

"Smells good" Daryl said as he walked up to Carol.

Carol smiled at him, "Just so you know, I liked you first" she said with a playful look as Kassie smiled at the woman, "hey miss council woman" Carol said with a smile making Kassie scrunch up her nose.

"Stop" he said before he popped a pice of meat into his mouth, "You know, Rick brought in a lot of them, too" Daryl said as he playfully rubbed Kassies hair, she groaned lightly before swatting his hand away to smooth back out her hair.

Mason and Carol laughed lightly, "Not recently.
Give the stranger sanctuary, keeping people fed, you're gonna have to learn to live with the love" Carol said with a smile.

"Right" Daryl said as he rolled his eyes before popping some more meat into his mouth.

"I need you two to see something" Carol said before looking back to the teen who was on the other side by the trays, "Patrick, you want to take over?" She asked looking at him.

"Yes, ma'am" Patrick said with an enthusiastic smile, " Mr. Dixon, I just wanted to thank you for bringing that deer back yesterday. It was a real treat, sir. And I'd be honored to shake your hand" Patrick said with a smile.

Daryl looked to Carol then the twins before he licked off his fingers one by one, when he was finished he took the kids hand and shook it. Mason smiled as the boy looked at his hand like he was just touched by a super star, "I'll stay here and watch over him" Mason said with a small smile as he looked back to Patrick.

Kassie smiled back at her brother and Patrick whose face turned a bright red at the girl's attention being on him, she turned and ran to catch up with Daryl and Carol. "About today, I don't know if we're gonna be able to spare a lot of people for the run" Carol said as they walked.

"That place is good to go. We're gonna move on it" Daryl said with a mouth full of food.

"Yeah. The thing is, we had a pretty big buildup overnight" Carol said when she stopped at the gate so she looked over the walls and the piles of walkers, "Dozens more towards tower three. It's getting as bad as last month. They don't spread out anymore. With more of us sitting here, we're drawing more of them out. You get enough of those damn fence-clingers, they start to herd up. Pushing against the fences again. It's manageable, but unless we get ahead of it, not for long. Sorry, Pookie" Carol said with false sympathy. He lightly nudged her before walking away, Kassiopeia smiled sympathetically before running off to get ready for the departing scavenging party.