1.2 It Comes and Goes

The next day everyone worked in silence as they collected their things and packed them away

The next day everyone worked in silence as they collected their things and packed them away. Kassiopeia was sat on her bunk in her shared room as she placed the clothes Mason had folded for her into her duffel bag but came to a stop when she picked up a family album that their mother had insisted on keeping when they left their home for the last time. She smiled slightly at the photo of her younger self getting a piggyback ride from Mason as their parents smiled lovingly at each other. At that moment Rick walked by the cell with Judith in his arms, "that your parents?" He asked softly so he wouldn't scare her. She looked at the picture longingly before turning her head to Rick.

She gave a slight nod, "yeah before the divorce" she gave a light chuckle, "we use to be happy" Kassie mused as she looked back to the photo before looking back to the man.

"I know that feeling, my wife Lori—" Rick scoffed lightly, "she was sleeping with my best friend Shane when they thought I was dead" he said with a sad smile, "Judith is his daughter but I love her like she's mine because she's the last thing I have of my wife" Judith cooed at the mention of her name before she lightly hit his face making the two laugh.

"Well if we're being honest my mom cheated with a guy named Shane, he was this police officer from the next town over. Apparently my mom had been cheating on my dad for a few years before the end of the world" Kassiopeia said with a small laugh as she was at the point she wasn't mad at her mother anymore, that didn't mean she understood or supported her mother's choices but she wasn't mad anymore.

Rick's face contorted, "was his last name Walsh?" He asked with furrowed brows.

"Yeah I think so, he came around the house a few times. He threatened my father once, said something about making his life hell for what he was 'doing' to my mother, said he was gonna frame him for something if it came to it" she shook her head at the memory and remembered how he looked at her when he was leaving, he looked like a crazed man in love.

"Yeah sounds like him" he said with a frown as he remembered the night Shane died and everything he had confessed to his old friend on his death bed. "He thought he could take my life- it was a crazy way his brain worked" Rick admitted with a shake of his head.

Kassie smiled up at the man, "I wish I could have known you before the outbreak, maybe Mason and I wouldn't have ended up with the governor- maybe our parents would still be alive" she whispered the last part to herself but that didn't stop Rick from hearing her.

Rick looked to the ground as Kassie zipped up her bag she went to throw it over her good shoulder but was stopped by Glenn who was walking by, "no" was all the Korean man said before he walked off with Kassies bag. She quickly ran off after him making Rick laugh at the two.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Kassiopeia ran after Glenn as they made it outside, Glenn threw her bag into the trunk of the car that her, Beth, Jackson, Hershel, Carl and Judith were taking out into the woods to keep them safe, it was decided the other night who would stay and fight and who would be going out into the woods. Kassie gave little fight knowing she would cause more harm then good with her arm still out of commission, but Carl on the other hand was furious he was going out to the woods when he could be helping. "Carl" Rick tried but the boy walked right past him.