1.0 The Way Of War

Waking in the woods with their eyes peeled as the siblings walked, they held their weapons up as their eyes adjusted to the dark that had seemingly consumed them in a matter of minutes

Waking in the woods with their eyes peeled as the siblings walked, they held their weapons up as their eyes adjusted to the dark that had seemingly consumed them in a matter of minutes. It had been almost two months since their parents died, they had been running off no sleep for a few days now making them sluggish as they tried to keep their eyes open.

"You think we should stop for the night?" Kassiopeia asked softly.

Mason shook his head, "no we need to keep going" he responded slowly as they walked on another road.

They hadn't realized the big fence that they neared, but it was only when Mason collapsed is when she jumped into action. Her brain felt like it was being overworked as she kneeled over her brother as it sounded like someone was nearing them. She heard the shuffling of feet behind her making her tense as she turned to face the gate only for a bright light to be shone in her face temporarily blinding her.

"We got us a live one!" A man above her called out.

Suddenly it sounded as if a stampede was nearing them as the doors were pulled open, the twins had been alone and without a group for a while now and they felt as if they didn't know how to talk to anyone but each other as someone pulled her up with her brother following in toe. They were rushed to a building where they were met with the sight of a woman in a white coat, she started asking Kassiopeia questions that she only nodded to every so often before she too passed out on the bed she was sat on.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Kassiopeia was passing around her cell room as she debated on her next choices, she and Mason had talked about leaving or staying but she didn't want to drag him out of safety once more.

She felt conflicted when she finally decided that she was going to at least get some air before she decided anything drastic, she walked out onto the cat walk where she watched over everyone.

Daryl, Glenn and Michonne were working together to lay spike strips at the prison gate to prepare for the impending attack as Rick was stood with Merle and Hershel below the cat walk.

"Hey stranger" Jax mused as he walked out and over to Kassiopeia's side.

Kassie gave a small smile, "hey" she said softly as she looked back to him, "what are you doing up here?" He smiled at her as he checked over her face and neck.

Jax's fingers were light as he brushed over the bruising that was slowly starting to go away, "just wanted to check on you" he said with a smile as he gingerly cupped her face.

The two teens watched each other with small smiles, kassie placed her hand over one of his before she looked back out over the field. "Do you think we'll win?" Kassie asked as she watched the others working on things to stall the Governor.

Jax looked over to her with a determined look, "we will, good always prevails" he said with a smile.

Kassie shook her head lightly, "there are no good guys anymore" she said lightly as her face turned cold.