1.6 The Dead Are Dead

Kassiopeia walked over towards cell block C but stopped when Jackson and Mason came running out, "Kas! Thank god you're okay!" Mason said as he smiled in relief as he ran to hug her

She quickly backed away from them, "No! Don't touch me!" She said quickly making the two boys stop.

"Kas what's going on?" Mason asked as he watched her oddly.

"There was a virus in cell block D and we're quarantining everyone who was exposed, so please don't touch me. I don't want you two to get sick too" Kassiopeia explained sadly.

Jackson nodded slightly, "so we're just nod aloud to see you?" He asked softly.

Kassiopeia nodded, "I guess but that doesn't mean we can't find a way to talk even if it's not face to face" at her words Mason ran back inside for a moment only to come back out with a walkie-talkie.

"This is so we can talk whenever you need" Mason said before tossing the walkie-talkie to his sister.

Kassie nodded when she saw Daryl walk outside, "I have to go help Daryl but you two keep Judith and Beth safe" she said before walking over to Daryl.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Daryl and Kassie had been digging for around an hour when Rick walked outside and over to them,
"Glad you were in there" Daryl said as he dug up some more dirt.

Kassie pulled herself out of the hole with a soft grunt, "Wasn't much use without my gun" rick said as he stood beside Daryl's hole.

"No, you were" Daryl told him as he pulled down his bandana, "All this time you've been taking off, you earned it. We wouldn't be here without you" Daryl said looking back to him for a moment before turning to dig out the grave some more.

Kassiopeia pushed herself back into the hole after she fixed her bandanna, "It was all of us" Rick said as he picked up a shovel

Daryl shook his head before turning to Rick, "No, it was you first" he stated grufflyz

"You gonna help us figure this out?" Kassie asked as she looked back to the man.

Rick shook his head slightly, "I screwed up too many times. Those calls you got to make, I start down that road... I almost lost my boy—who he was. Whatever else this place needs, I'm here for it"

"Like I said, you earned it. But for what it's worth, you see mistakes. I see when the shit hits, you're standing there with a shovel" Daryl said looking back to Rick. Daryl drove his shovel into the dirt beside him as he climbed out of the grave, Kassie followed his lead and pulled herself out of the grave. Rick looked over to the girl who was in a tank top that revealed her bandaged shoulder, "so what's this I hear about you getting shot?" Rick asked.