Returning to Maya

Kunal had not left his sister alone for the past 10 years. But, when he got Akshara's message, he felt a strange pull to her...to her family. He felt as if destiny had a plan for him and that he was meant to meet her...to fulfill her wish of healing her husband. So, he asked his dearest friend to stay with Maya for a few weeks while he went and met with the Birlas. Perhaps it was because deep down in his heart, he had this sensation that the Birlas might be the key to Maya's recovery...that maybe due to the Birlas, he may see his sister smile for the first time in a decade. He left full of hope, but that one phone call brought him back to reality. 

Hearing Maya's voice on the phone, saying she could no longer live, no longer carry on, Kunal felt agonizing fear rush through his veins. She was the only family he had...she was his sister, his mother, his confidante, his everything all in one. If anything happened to her, he would not be able to forgive himself. She was already a living corpse...he could not lose the little part of her he had left. So, he called the Birlas and told them that he had to leave for a personal emergency as soon as possible. But, he assured them that he would be back to operate on Dr. Abhimaniyu...and as much as he wanted to believe that it was because he had a responsibility as a doctor to help another doctor, he could not shake off the feeling that the day that Maya sang again...the day that her dreams came true was finally within reach.