Do You Know Her?

He arrived to Maya's hotel first thing in the morning. But, no matter how hard he tried to convince the front desk to tell him her room number, no matter what excuse he made, they would not let him. So, he waited on the couches by the elevator for the next few hours. She would have to come downstairs at one point or another...and when she did, he would ask her just one question. The same question he had spent the entire night rehearsing. The only question that mattered. 

As the day turned into night, he began getting restless. What if the security guard at the concert had lied? What if she was not staying here at all? Or what if she had moved to another hotel? What if all of this was just something he had made up in his mind? Was he going crazy? Was this merely his imagination? 

But, all of his doubts went away the moment he heard the bellman say, "Hello Ms. Maya. What can we do for you tonight?" 

"I have been waiting for my food for the past hour. What kind of establishment is this? How long do guests need to wait here? Can none of you do your bloody jobs correctly?" 

"Sorry, Ms. Maya. We are understaffed today, hence the delay. We will your order to your room as soon as possible." 

"No, bring it to me here. Right now." 

"Ok....let me go check." 

Hearing this conversation, Abhimaniyu was simply disgusted. How could a woman like this have a voice straight from the heavens? How could a woman like this have the very voice that was his heartbeat, that was his destiny? The world was messing with him...she was messing with him. But, not anymore. 

He got up from the couch and walked straight towards her. As she saw him, she said, "You again? What the hell is your problem. Please leave or I will get you arrested this time." 

"Please, Maya. Meri bas ek baat sunlo." 

"Dekho, I'm not interested in you ok? Leave me alone." 

"Tumse ki ne kaha ki mein tum mein interested hoon?" 

"Kya?" Maya looked at him in shock.

"I only care about one thing, Maya. One person." 

"Toh mein kya karun? Please go get your brain checked. You have problems. Leave now or I'll call the cops." 

Without saying another word, he took out his phone and showed her his screensaver. Little did he know, his Akshu had kept that same photo so delicately wrapped in his white shirt, taking it with her wherever she went. The photo that was dearest to their hearts, the photo that marked the day of their union...the day that marked the moment their lives became intertwined for the rest of eternity. The day that was the happiest day of his entire existence. 

"Maya, kya tum is ladki ko janti ho?" 

Maya stared at the photo in shock. No matter how hard she tried to conceal her expression, she felt the blood rushing to her cheeks. She felt the ground shake beneath her. Who was this man? And did he know her secret? Did he know Akshara? No...she could not let this happen...she could not lose her dream yet again. 

She looked at Abhimaniyu, forgetting how to speak. Desperately trying to get herself out of this situation, she called the hotel security and told them this man was harassing her, to take him outside and to never let him come back here again. With that, she ran back to the elevators as fast as she possibly could. 

And as he was being dragged away, he knew he was a step closer to finding his Akshu. This woman knew something...this woman knew HER. And, now, this woman would bring him to his life, this woman would return him to his love.