Mujhe Bhi

Before leaving the venue, Abhimaniyu had gotten one of the security guards to tell him the hotel at which Maya was staying. Even though he could not attend her concert today, even though he could not hear the voice his ears were aching for today, he would go to Maya's hotel first thing the next morning. He would go get his answers no matter the cost, no matter the price. And as he was preparing a list of questions in his head, trying to figure out the best way in which to question Maya, to get her to tell him what was really going on, his phone rang. 

For the first time in months, he saw "Kairav" written in the caller ID. He had apologized to him several times once the truth about Anisha's affair had been revealed...but no matter how graceful, how forgiving Kairav had been, Abhimaniyu had not been able to forgive himself. In the days after Akshu had disappeared, Kairav had blamed him, the Birlas for causing his sister's disappearance...but Abhimaniyu never held that against him...because deep down in his heart, he feared that Kairav's harsh words were the reality. That he had failed so miserably, destroyed his Akshu so much that she had run away. But, as time passed, Kairav had softened up...somehow being the only one who could even come close to understanding what he was going through. He would call him ever so often to check up on him... because he knew that no matter how Abhimaniyu was acting, he would be secretly in search of his sister... he would be secretly in anticipation of any sign of her. 

Abhimaniyu answered the phone without thinking twice..."Kairav...itne dino ke baad...sab theek hai na?"

"Abhimaniyu, tum mera chodo. Tum kaise ho? Kaha ho aaj kal?" 

"Woh mein Switzerland aya hoon kuch dino kilye... " He paused after that, his heart hoping that maybe Kairav had called because he had some news...maybe just maybe he had been able to track her down...maybe he had some clue, any clue...as to where she was. 

"Acha. Woh mujhe tum ko kuch batana hai." 

"Bolo...." Abhimaniyu said, his heartbeat speeding up.

"Abhimaniyu...woh aaj mujhe Akshu ki kuch zayda hi yaad aa rahi he...toh mein ne socha ki tumse baat karloon...woh..." 

He did not want to hear the rest of what Kairav had to say. He did not want to hear a single word more. Already, he the guard he had placed around himself over the past year was melting...now, hearing her brother talk about her, saying how much he missed her...he felt himself losing even more control. He had to hang up the phone before it was too late...before he could no longer hold himself together.

"Kairav...I'm so sorry. Woh mujhe koi urgent kaam agaaya hai...kya hum baad mein baath kar sakte hain?" 

"Oh haan...sorry Abhimaniyu tumhe disturb karne kilye..." 

"It's ok. Take care of yourself." 

With that, he put his phone down. He took out his wedding ring from the drawer beside him, once again putting it onto his finger. He recalled Kairav's words of how much he missed her. And looking down at his ring, he said..."Mujhe bhi Kairav...mujhe bhi."