Where Were You?

Once she knew Abhi was out of sight, she started walking towards her hotel. Never had her legs felt heavier. Each step was as if she was fighting against her entire being, fighting against the entire world. All she wanted was to run behind him, to hug is back...to take him in her arms and never let go. But, she knew that was not possible. She had to pull herself together. She had to turn herself devoid of all emotions once again. Dr. Khera and Maya could not find out what had happened...especially not after Maya had asked her all of those questions...could it be possible that she already knew...that THEY already knew? No. She could subject her Abhi to even the slightest bit of danger. 

But, when she entered her hotel room, she saw both of the siblings standing by the door waiting for her. At the same time, both of them questioned, "Where were you Akshara?" 

"And why are you all wet? Baarish bhi nahi ho rahi hai..." Maya asked. 

"Aur tumhari woh jacket...woh kaha hai?" Kunal asked, his face ridden with suspicion. 

Akshara looked at both of them turn by turn. "Woh mein bahar gayi thi...thodi fresh air kilye..." 

Before she could finish, Dr. Khera told Maya to leave the room, that he had to talk to Akshara in private. That he had to discuss some details about the upcoming concerts...he told his sister not to worry about what they had just spoken about...to just rest before her next performance...that her bhaiya would take care of the rest. What was he going to take care of? What should she not worry about? At this point, Akshara was sure. Either Dr. Khera knew Abhi was here or he had some sort of very strong indication about it. There was no other explanation to the way he was looking at her, the way he was acting. 

Maya resisted at first, but then she left, not saying another word. Akshara had never seen her this quiet. It was almost as if she was scared...almost as if whatever had led her to asking her those questions about her life, about her marriage had unsettled her so deeply that she had lost her words. What exactly had she seen or heard? 

The moment Maya left the room, Dr. Khera approached Akshara, getting as close to her face as possible, staring directly into her eyes. "Akshara. Don't you dare lie. Kya tumhe pata hai ki woh yaha hai?" 

"Kkkk-hon....Dr. Khera?"

"Akshara, I said don't you dare lie. Maya told me everything." 

What was he talking about? Had Maya met Abhi? Entirely confused, but also entirely clear in her only purpose of protecting her life, her everything, Akshara said softly..."Dr. Khera mujhe saach mein nahi pata..."

"AKSHARA", he screamed. "Akshara, I am cutting the tour short. We are leaving from here in exactly 3 days. And if you try doing anything, absolutely ANYTHING to ruin my sister's happiness, tum soch bhi nahi sakti ki mein kya karun ga...so just be careful.. VERY careful Akshara..." 

And with those words, he slammed the door on her face and left.