Who Was She?

He had desperately tried to speak with Maya after the concert ended. He had waited outside the special guest entrance for five hours to no avail. She must have left from another door. He left the venue disappointed, but not defeated. He would find out who she was, where she came from...he would find out everything. Because in his heart, he knew that she would lead him to his destination, to his life. 

He spent the night researching Maya, reading several articles about her claim to fame. She had gained popularity suddenly over the past year, and no one had even heard of her prior to that. She was one of those artists who had no last name, who wanted everyone to know her just by her first. Surprisingly enough, she never did any press conferences, any fan meet and greets. It was almost as if she was an enigma...almost as if she was trying to hide who she really was. The deeper he fell into these thoughts, the harder it was to pull himself out. He had to go bungee jumping tomorrow. It was a big day....he would check off yet another item from the bucket list. So, he closed his computer, and laid in bed, staring at the ceiling...waiting for the sun to rise outside. 

And when the sun finally rose, he put on his boots and got ready for his next adventure. As he flew through the sky, falling to what could have been his demise, he closed his eyes and imagined her waiting for him at the bottom of the cliff. If only he could keep going until he reached the bottom...if only the ropes would fail and he would finally see her again. But, when the ropes pulled him back, his eyes jerked open, and he jerked back into reality. 

He thanked the instructor and started heading towards his car. Just then, he heard another visitor tell him, "You should come out tonight. That Indian singer Maya is performing and it's supposed to be amazing. Every show of her's is a superhit. That voice is magical." 

Yes...that voice was magical...it was the purest, most beautiful voice...but that voice was his Akshu's... he promised himself he would get to the venue as early as possible to wait for Maya at the entrance...and not just one entrance. This time, he would patrol every single one so that she could not escape him. He would ensure that they came face to face. He would ensure that he got his answers.