5. ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʙᴜᴛ ᴊᴇᴀʟᴏᴜꜱʏ ᴀɴᴅ Qᴜᴇꜱᴛɪᴏɴꜱ

(Second's POV)

I sat on the edge of a window, watching my friends train using these super-cool-looking new weapons without me. Other Yellow and Chosen had pulled me to the side to try and set up some sort of protection for me specifically. To be honest, I'm somewhat salty. Do they think I can't take care of myself? Sighing, I looked back to the two. They measured me and were now creating some sort of strong force field perfectly fit for me. It was nothing short of aggravating. It feels like I'm being babied, and for absolutely no reason. Even if that guy takes me, what does it matter? It's not like I'll be of any use to him anyways. I'm just a stick figure.

Looking back to my friends I could see they were taking a break. Green looked up and waved to me. Once the others noticed that I was up here, they also looked up and waved. I waved back. They looked so decked out. Glowing armor and weapons, not to mention the weapons are huge. As jealous as I was, I had to admit, they looked freakin' awesome. I just wish I could join them.

"Second, please come over here."

Other Yellow beckoned me over. Sighing with disappointment, I stood up and walked over to the two. He walked over to me and handed me a pin.

"Wear this. Once you have it on, press the small button on the back. I need to see if this will work."

As reluctant as I was, I followed his instructions and put it on, pressing the button. A blue, translucent, glowing force field circled and surrounded me. It all went completely silent, I couldn't hear anything coming from outside. I see Yellow say something to Chosen before Chosen walks over and stands a few feet in front of me. Out of nowhere, he starts unleashing all different sorts of attacks on me. Of course, I flinch a little, but nothing happens to me. A few more minutes of this goes by until Yellow tells him to stop. He nods to me to disable the shield. Of course, I obey.

"Good, it works. It wasn't damaged in any way so I think it'll withstand stronger attacks."

Yellow walks over and puts his hand out. Detaching it from my chest, I put it in his hand and he walks away. I just sigh again, crossing my arms and looking at the floor.

"Something the matter?"

I jumped a little. It was just Chosen.

"Oh, uhm. Nah. I'm fine."

"You sure? You look pretty down."

"I'm sure."

Though as much as I had brushed it off, I was sure he could still tell I was a bit upset.

"Look, Sec. I know it seems unnecessary, but this is for the best. You need to stay safe."

"And why not everyone else? I want to be down there with my friends! I wanna fight! That's something I'm perfectly capable of! Do they just not trust me?"

I didn't mean to come off so mean. Chosen could obviously tell, however the look he gave me was quite guilty.

"They do trust us. In fact I'm sure they'll have plans for you to fight eventually. Just give them time."

"That's a lie."

"And how do you know?"

My voice started to sound sarcastic, aggravated even.

"Oh, I don't know! Something about how that evil guy wanted me for something? I don't know? Why am I so special?! I'm not-"

"Second."

He put a hand on my shoulder. My blood was boiling. I had so many questions and no answers. Taking his hand off my shoulder, he sat down and patted the ground beside him. I sat down next to him, not without rolling my eyes first.

"Sec, can I tell you about something I figured out earlier?"

"What?

"That 'evil guy' that you just mentioned? I think he's the other Alan."

"You're just trying to change the topic aren't you? You made that up."

"Not entirely, and I'm not lying."

He did have my attention, but I didn't believe him. The bare thought of it just made no sense to me.

"You see, Second.. well the other Second wanted to talk to me alone for a moment. While we were talking, he told me something interesting."

"And.. that was?"

"That person they're in a war against? That's his animator."

"You're kidding."

"I'm not. From assumption, I do think that's another Alan behind all of this."

"But he would never! Alan is one of the nicest people I know, and he's my best friend."

"All the proof you need to connect the dots is right in front of you. Even so, from the way you two met, you haven't seen much of the other side of him quite yet like I have. Needless to say, you're the one who changed Alan. I don't quite know much about the other Alan, but what I do know is that he somehow still has ill intentions. Maybe because he and his Second are still on bad terms. Whatever it is, I know he wants you so he can manipulate us. You and Alan have a good bond, and he knows that. So we can't let you fall into the wrong hands. That's why."

"I.."

I can't shake the fact that he's still lying. It's something about his guilty expression. But besides that, I had never considered the fact that there even was another Alan, but it's possible. And he was right, all the facts were there. The Other Chosen, the fact his first appearance was literally a cursor, and well, the fact that he's the animator of the other me. But something still struck me as odd. In fact, there are a lot of things that bothered me. Unanswered questions. He has to be lying about something, but I decided not to prolong this talk any longer.

"Ok. Yeah, I understand."

"Alright. I'm sure you'll get a chance to go down with your friends soon enough. In fact, I think we're pretty much done with you. I'll have to check with Yellow first though, but I'm sure that's all we have for you."

I just nodded. And with that, I was alone again, unable to rid the thought that somewhere out in that other world, there was another Alan, who had nothing in mind but destruction.

-
A/N
-

I had to go back into the story and change a few sentences so that the lore would make sense

so sorry y'all I'm kinda inconsistent :,)