22. ʀᴇᴄᴏɴɴᴀɪꜱꜱᴀɴᴄᴇ

(Third Person POV)

They all stood in disbelief. He won. He really did it.

"Is it over yet?" A voice came through the rain soaked radio. Other Second hesitantly picked it up and spoke back.

"I.. don't think it will ever be over now. We've lost."

_nala laughed again and turned back to the machine.

"Finally.. I'll rule, and power will be in my hands! I'll bring justice to the hurt and pain to those who REALLY deserve it! Nothing will go unnoticed under my gaze! I'LL FINALLY GET WHAT I DESERVE!!"

"Uh, Nal..? Hate to be the downer but.. the generator is overheating.." Other Chosen shouted out to him again.

"Well, shut it off! We have enough power to last!"

"That's the problem, I-I can't shut it off."

"What?"

_nala flew over to see the issue. He swiped and typed on the control panel, but it wouldn't turn off.

"How is he overheating it..? There's 300 gigabytes of storage in this thing! They can't be full!"

Second twitched and writhed, but eventually came to stand still. The glass cracked and shattered as the generator itself exploded, returning all of the power that had previously been drained from him. He floated there, still emanating with power.

"W-Wha..?" _nala spoke in a defeated tone.

Alan and Other Second were shocked, yet Chosen smiled in relief. "Don't move, just watch." He whispered over.

Second seemed to disappear as he slashed through the air, heading right toward the still loose Red Death. He dashed and cut right through it. Its fog evaporated as Second landed on the other side.

"No!" _nala reached out as if to try and save his creation.

Second flew through the rest of town, cutting and killing any virus he saw. Once he was finished, he flew above the town and turned to look at _nala from a distance.

_nala could only stand and freeze in place as Second flew towards him, grabbed him by the neck, and lifted him into the air. He struggled, trying to get out of his grasp, but Second was stronger, way stronger.

"You. You have put countless people in peril for yourself. Have you no shame? Your crimes are worthy of death.." His voice echoed.

_nala shivered. He couldn't utter a word as Second raised a fist ignited with bright fire, but right before he struck him, he remembered something.

'Yet, if it were my Alan in danger, yes I would do the same. We both care deeply about them, and I adore your Alan. So. the next time you look at Nal.. think of him not as a villain, but as a man who the world has shunned. Maybe you'll see him a little bit differently.'

He lowered his fist.

"..but a certain someone told me you haven't been dealt the best cards in life. I understand, and I'm willing to give you a chance, because I see a person with a heart behind your cold eyes. So.."