7. ᴀ ʀᴇꜱᴛʟᴇꜱꜱ ɴɪɢʜᴛ

(Third Person POV)

Fingers restlessly tapped on the keys as he continued to type. Code. He needed it to be a destructive, computer destroying, virus. Above his already tier 10 level viruses. _nala would lay back and stretch out his gloved hands, already tired. However, he couldn't care less about himself. This needed to be finished by tomorrow at the latest. He wanted to unleash hellfire on that stupid, braindead alternate version of himself. Why did he raise his expectations so high for him?

Oh right, it was himself.

Despite it all, he was proud of himself nonetheless, he opened a portal to another universe that morning. That, at the least, was groundbreaking. Chosen had reassured him of that. He smiled under his mask.

"Hey.."

He heard a voice. Right, Chosen, his friend and partner in crime. He moved his mask to the right of his face so Chosen could see him.

"Hi Chosen! What are you doing up this late? You should be asleep."

"I was coming in to see your progress.. and if you needed any help."

"Ah, no, I'm almost finished with the main part itself, then I'll just have to wait a while for copies."

"Right, how many copies will you make?"

"Hmm.. let's say.. over 50?"

"You're going to do way more than just over 50." Chosen smirked.

"Tch! You know me better than I do at this point, Chosen! Maybe we ought to switch places." He would joke back.

"Chosen, can you believe how exciting today has been? (Well.. besides some parts.)"

"Barely. I think I even got to see another.. well.. me for a split second, when I went to go find the other Second."

"Really?" _nala would ask, not taking his eyes off his work.

"Really! Though I do think that he's also on their side."

"Of course, but who needs him? I still have you."

"Exactly."

_nala yawned, still tired. Chosen walked over and looked at the command prompt he was currently working in.

"Hey. Nal?"

"Yes?

"Maybe I should finish this for you. You should get some sleep."

"No, I insist you go to bed."

This discussion happened very often, especially late nights like this. Chosen always made his best efforts to try and get _nala in a better shape than he currently was, urging him to go to bed early, reminding him to eat. He did this because he really did care about _nala, however every time he told him, it felt like a battle to get him to actually do it, as he was so caught up with his own plans and work. Chosen could see clearly that it was mentally killing him. He was sure _nala was perfectly aware as well, but he didn't care as much as Chosen did. He valued his work over almost everything, well everything but Chosen himself.

"Please Nal? For my sake? I just took a nap, I can do it."

_nala sighed and stopped typing.

"Fine, but I hope you'll have it finished by tomorrow."

"I will. I guarantee."

"Alright."

Reluctantly, _nala stood up and walked off. After making sure he was actually gone, Chosen began to work, and he worked hard, not wanting tomorrow to be another plan failed. Ever since Second was animated it was harder to do anything. Despite all the losses, he stayed with _nala.

He had to. Where would _nala be if he just left him lonesome? Chosen not dared imagine something like that.

'Never again.' Thought Chosen.

'Never again.'

//
A/N
Sorry for the short chapter but I like villain segments :)