10. ꜱᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɴᴇᴡ

(Third Person POV)

"I've got to say, I adore these designs, Chosen!" _nala smiled.

"Thanks, I made them myself. These oughta be more threatening and dangerous than our last."

Chosen let go of the virus and let it crawl around. Thankfully, these viruses were tame to them and made good pets, at least for chosen. All of their designs were based on something similar to spiders. _nala had a strange admiration for the 8-legged creatures and how dangerous they could be. Chosen at some point suggested that he get one as a real life pet, though _nala disagreed due to attachment, and the fact that the police might catch up to him, and if they did he would have to leave it behind.

"Exactly. These are sure to destroy that computer. They'll be able to overwhelm the Resistance and bring that alternate Second to me easily. Once we have him, it's smooth sailing from there Chosen."

He stretched and laid back in his chair without a care.

"Right, but what do we do if this doesn't work? We should be prepared."

"I don't think we'll have to."

"I think we will.."

Chosen pulled up a small window with a concerned glance.

"The brigade we sent has been eradicated."

"Oh? In how long?"

"Hour and a half."

"What? That should have at least taken them all morning!"

"To be fair, they have two Seconds and twice the amount of sticks.. and maybe even the other me."

_nala sighed, aggravated.

"Right.. damn it.."

"What do we do now?"

"Good question."

Sending out viruses to fight was more or less a 50/50 shot. Either you win, or you lose, but now that they had twice the amount of sticks, the odds were in their favor. At times, he would send himself into battle using a VR headset with controllers that allowed him to control a purple stick figure model he created himself, but that wouldn't be the smartest idea as of right now.

"We'll need to prepare more viruses from models 1 to 11 anyways.. and fast at that, we always need to be prepared, but I can't think of anything that would do real damage and let us get what we need.."

"What about blackmail? We could get Second to us if we forced someone's hand."

"On what information, and for who? It's not like.. like.. wait a second.."

He leaned upwards and back onto his desk.

"Chosen, can we manage location tracking from an entirely different dimension?"

"For internet locations or real life ones?"

"Real life."

"O..k? I'll see what I can do.. who are we tracking?"

"The other me."

"And.. why?"

"You'll see."

After a bit of research, Chosen pulled up a house.

"Hm. Ohio. And you're sure this is his exact location?"

"It's what his IP says it is."

"Excellent."

"And.. why do we need to know this?"

"Like you said, Chosen, blackmail. Though, it might be a bit different from what one might consider blackmail."

That expression he made. That smile. It was terrifying to Chosen, especially when he first saw it years ago. It meant that he had a plan to act out, one that was no doubt horrid, and yet Chosen smiled at it too. _nala was happy in some way, that's the only thing that mattered.

And so they set to work.