9. ʟᴀꜱᴛ ꜰᴇᴡ

(Third Person POV)

"Damn it!" Other Yellow had turned around. "We don't have time!"

Leaping onto one, Other Yellow broke a limb off and armed himself with it, stabbing the virus he had tore it off of.

"Go defend Second and the files in the C Drive! Get there before they break in! Against these, that force field won't hold!"

Without a word, Chosen bolted off to the drive, leaping inside as quick as he could and burning any viruses he found along the way. Finally, he reached the drive with Second sitting in the corner, shield on. He had a small notepad on him and was drawing, unaware of the situation outside. He looked up at Chosen and raised an eyebrow.

Rushing, Chosen ran at him and stopped before turning around and igniting his fists with fire. One by one, the viruses entered. Taking a deep breath, Chosen jumped onto one and smashed it into another, letting lazers pour out of his eyes and finish them off. One jumped on his back but he quickly hit it off and let it crash into a nearby wall. At this point, Second had his eyes locked onto Chosen and the battle until a spider slipped right by him and went straight for him. He flinched and fell back as the spider dug its teeth into the force field and tried to reach him, however Chosen was faster, rushing over, grabbing it, and ripping it off. The shield was damaged, but it still held. Chosen spit fire at the viruses coming in as they leapt toward him. He could only stop a few before they started to rush past him and target Second instead.

Second backed up as the shield shattered and the pin broke. They reached out to him, trying to grab him. Chosen flew over as quick as he could and grabbed him, lifting him up and putting him on his back, not minding the extra weight. Second held on tight as Chosen continued to fight. He was slower, but he was keeping Second safe. Though, it started to get to the point where wherever they stepped, a spider was there. Suddenly, one ripped Second off of him and tackled him to the ground. Chosen suffered several injuries, but he still kept active. He let himself entirely ignite in flames before standing up and unleashing that fire onto his attackers. Once he was finally free, he nervously looked around for Second.

"CHOSEN!"

He looked behind him. Second was wrapped in red web and on the back of a spider. Chosen took a deep breath and aimed at the one carrying him and shot lasers out of his eyes. It was knocked back to the wall as Chosen rushed over to Second and tried to release him, but the web was thick and inflammable. Holding Second still, he quickly grazed over the restraint with a laser and broke it. Second grabbed Chosen's arm and pointed behind him. Three more were about to attack and leap onto them both when an orange and green blur rushed past them as they turned green and disintegrated into thin air.

"Are you two okay?"

Other Second circled back around to them and knelt.

"We're.. ghh.. well Second is. Not so much me, but I'll be fine."

"Right. We're still getting viruses entering through the entrance, but their numbers are starting to waiver. I don't know if there's more waves coming, but in any case we need to stay alert. We'll also need to find somewhere else to put him."

He looked at his counterpart.

"Yellow wants to encrypt the drive entirely with Second inside, and honestly, I'm thinking we should."

Chosen brushed a hand over the bites he received.

"If they're starting to decline I think we will be able to last through a few more without closing down everything. I can defend Second. If there are more waves, then we'll encrypt the drive."

"Right. I have to be off. Stay on your guard and don't let them take him."

"Right."

...

Other Second made his way back to the desktop where the battle was still raging on. Only half of the normal sticks were still up, Green and Red. The other two were down on the floor, Blue attempting to free Yellow from a web. He leapt over spiders and to the two. Landing beside Blue, he quickly fired lasers at the web, cutting it and letting it disappear. They waved in thanks and got back up. The Others were struggling, but still fighting. Looking at the portal, Other Second flew into it and started to take down the ones that were incoming, pushing the rest of them back. Once he arrived on the other side, he saw only a few more waiting outside. With ease, he sliced through them and looked out into the distance to see if any more rounds were coming. From the looks of it, this battle was thankfully about to be over. Sighing with relief, Other Second turned back and traveled back to the desktop. He arrived just as the last one was killed. Everyone landed on the floor.

"Was that the last one?" Other Second questioned.

"Should be." Other Green responded as he stood up.

Chosen and Second exited the files and met up with everyone.

"Yeah, they're gone." Chosen landed and placed Second on the ground carefully, as he was a bit wobbly. As soon as he gained his balance, he ran over to his now exhausted friends.

"Are you guys ok?!"

Green smiled at him.

"Yeah.. a bit beat up.. but we're used to that!"

They all nodded in agreement.

Other Second looked at them.

"Everyone who was bitten, scratched, or has any red scar or injury, meet Blue in the guest room. We'll need to take special measures to heal these wounds."

Almost everyone went besides Chosen and the Seconds. For them, the scars healed on their own. Slowly, yes, but they healed.

What a tiring morning.