20. ᴏɴᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴍᴇꜱꜱᴀɢᴇ

(Third Person POV)

Everything was a mess. The resistance was struggling, as they couldn't track _nala, or guess his next move. The other four were mad at the resistance for keeping vital information from them all this time. Alan was just in the middle, not too sure how to feel about it all. Everyone was tired and upset.

The resistance had tried to reason with them, but they just wouldn't listen. They understood why, but they still tried.

"In my opinion, we should get Second back ourselves." Green crossed his arms and sat down on the desktop floor. "Since those 5 can't even do their job right, we should do it for them. We saved him a thousand times before, we can just do it again."

"Maybe that's what they want us to do. We just gotta prove we're worthy of trusting. Maybe then they'll tell us stuff." Blue sarcastically remarked, laying down next to him.

"I'm sure they had no ill intentions.. but they just needed to tell us more.." Red suggested, trying the best he could to reason beside Yellow. Yellow would silently nod, agreeing.

Green looked out to Alan, who was just silently sitting on his phone and drawing in a sketchpad instead of on his desktop. He really wasn't in a good mood. Being threatened, having one of his friends taken, and being unable to do anything about it all, it really sucked.

"Poor dude." Green whispered.

"I've been feeling so bad for him. They tried to boss him around! He wasn't allowed to tell us anything, and now look where we are." Blue added.

The four stopped talking and sat in silence, all thinking the same thing, would they ever see Second again?

It was quiet until they heard two small thuds on the floor. Everyone looked over. Other Second and Chosen, of course. Blue rolled his eyes and laid his head back down, while everyone else just looked off nonchalantly. Chosen approached first.

"Hey."

"What?" Blue groaned, annoyed.

"Someone has an apology they want to say."

"We don't want it, again."

"At least listen."

Chosen stepped to the side and let Other Second sit in front of them. Everyone sat up and looked at him, already bored. Sighing, Other Second would talk.

"I know you all are upset, tired, and mad at us, but I'd just like to say it again, we're sorry. We just aren't use to working with other people besides ourselves. We hid things we shouldn't have and we were just unreasonable. Myself, I take full responsibility, because I'm the one in command and I made those orders."

Finally, they listened. The two other times he had tried to apologize, the right words just couldn't come out, but now they did. It was genuine.

"I know for certain this battle isn't over yet, not until we get Second home safe. I want to be more responsible than I have been recently, but we aren't going to get him back without the maximum number of people that we can have. I know just saying this won't make everything better, but please, let us work together. Once we get him back, we'll chase everyone back into their own worlds and everything will be normal again. How about it?"