21. ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏꜰ ꜱᴛɪᴄᴋ ᴄɪᴛʏ

(Third Person POV)

After they were prepared, the group set out and landed just by the border of the city. Once they reached the outside, they could already see a red tint in the sky, and from the tallest building there was a red and black machine with Second inside. With a deep breath, Other Second slightly floated up and called everyone to his attention.

"I'm sure you all know you are entering a huge battle, and this is a matter of life or death to monarchy. We can not let _nala go through with this plan or else it is over. We will not stop fighting until Second is home and secured. It will not be easy. This is easily one of the biggest battles our team has faced, but that will not stop us from pushing forward. Everyone knows their positions, correct?"

Everyone gave a positive response.

"Good. Let's fight and win this thing."

He put a hand in, and everyone put a hand on top of the other.

"Alright! Everyone to your positions, and don't get caught."

...

Alan and Chosen split up from the group and snuck behind the building where Second was being held. They had went into the building behind the place and up to the roof. Crouching down behind a large air vent, they waited for the other groups to begin their attack. Observing from a distance, they saw _nala and Other Chosen, seemingly talking excitedly.

"It's strange isn't it?" Chosen whispered. "Seeing those two get along so well."

"Yeah, it really must be different there."

There was an uncomfortable silence between them.

"Working together with you again feels odd, Chosen."

"So it does. It's odd considering.. you know."

And so he did, he knew it all too well. Alan's early years weren't his proudest moments, even to this day he still remembers them and what happened. He wished he could forget.

"Yeah."

Both their train of thoughts cut off when they heard shouting and fighting. Almost immediately, they both nodded to each other and flew up to right behind the contraption. They eavesdropped on their alternates which were still there.

"Looks like they decided to show after all. I'll go down to deal with them. Chosen, I need you to stay here and guard Second, and make sure the machine keeps running. When that bar reaches 100, activate it and we'll be home free."

"Got it."

_nala took off. Chosen tapped Alan on the shoulder and whispered.

"We'll wait here for a minute or two. When I set off, I'll distract _nala and keep him from coming back. You need to get the other me out of here and find a way to shut this off. If pressing buttons doesn't work, just start wrecking things. Once you do that, I'll try to fly back up and help, but you need to be quick."

"Got it."

After waiting for a little while, Chosen flew off. Enabling his disguise, Alan flew around to the front and came down.