#24 - The Final Game

"Since we have a bedridden patient, we'll be using the teleporting device here," Mark says, treading toward the resting pilot's bed. He turns around, seeing the outsider nod as he step inside, his eyes on the lurid streak around the sole bed of room 16.

Jason lifts his head, recollecting the recent notification they all received, "Now that the Xenos gang's been captured, everything will be resolved, if Elizabeth destroys the key?"

Amelia nods, scanning the drab, yet immaculate room. Hopefully. Jason grins, glancing at his resting sister. Mom will be there when you wake up. "The device is ready," Nathan says, glancing at the yellow tile beside the bed, just inside the now thick, grey demarcation.

"She's ready too," Mark says, stepping away from the patient, a portable monitor attached to the headboard, displaying her steady vitals.

Jason steps onto the lumbert tile, the polycarbonate dome emerging. "You will meet Dr. Kiera Fix and her team," Nathan apprises, eyes on the holographic screen before him. The diver nods, turning to the sprinter who clears her throat.

"Remember what you've gone through tonight." He casts a small grin, holding the railing of his sister's bed. "He won't," Mark says, crossing his arms.

"What?" Jason says, stepping forward to decipher the now hushed voices. He crinkles his forehead as the sprinter nods, rubbing her neck. What do they mean? He muses as the glass becomes opaque. He turns to his sister, "Will I not remember anything?"

The diver looks up when the glass reverts to its transparent state. He scans the bleak room, clutching on to the railing. He flits his gaze when a few people, clad in black suits, emerge from the dark end of the room. He squints his eyes, recognizing the checkered red sash wrapped around each officer's right forearm.

They are the medics from the squad. Jason muses as the team stops, the central figure stepping forward. "Hello, I'm Dr. Kiera Fix," the blonde says, showing a golden card to him. "We're here to escort you and your sister to the Emerald House."

Jason looks over her shoulder, at the other team that emerges. "Manager Grevton," he mutters as the stout man approaches with his team of black-clad officers. "We've good to go," he says to the ICJ agent. He turns, glancing at the President's son who watches the team carry the recumbent pilot to the adjacent bed.

"What about the residents of Pearl Manor?" Jason asks. "You don't need to worry about that," Grevton says, stepping forward. "Now, it's time to celebrate your sister's miraculous return and your mother's victory." The diver takes a glimpse of the blonde agent, who casts a restricted grin.

...

"Once a Xenoxian's been branded, they can be summoned and controlled anytime through their eternal trademarks," the honeyed voice states. "And that's one of the few things you know about us, right Elizabeth?"

The owner of Pearl Manor clutches on to the capsule in her pocket as her uncle appears before her, his eyes glowing white. "What do you want?" she asks as he takes a step forward.

Her predecessor darts his gaze to her, "Whom are you speaking to?" They both turn when a glitching hologram emerges between them and their uncle. Anthony gawks when he sees the seated ninety-year-old, her glinting grey suit illuminating her surroundings. "Hello, Dr. Banks," she says, her hoarse voice now reverberating across the gloomy expanse.

She leans back in her chair, directed her gaze to the startled novice, "I've heard of your past achievements. And I must say that staying in this manor has hampered your abilities." The physician glowers, "Who are you?"