Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.

Stone's POV of Ella's crash :)

"Sir, I need you to calm down."

My eyes whip away from the floor and onto the small brunette policeman, who stands in front of me with a fake confidence etched onto his face.

I glower at him in response, tugging at my hair as I stare back at the dirty floor of the police station.

What have I done? What the fuck have I done?

I can't lose Ella. I can't. I will not loose her. She is my lifeline, my world, my absolute everything.

She deserves better than me, I know that. But I will not ever let her go. I will fight for her, for us, until my very last breath.

I wanted to call her, I needed to hear her voice. But instead I was stuck here, waiting for absolutely fucking nothing.

I was quite very seriously contemplating bounding over to the room where Brennan's dad Baron was and telling him to hurry the fuck up, but I didn't want to make this even worse than it had already become, especially if there was a risk of it affecting Ella.

After what felt like an eternity, Baron walked out of the room. He exchanged a few more words with the detective before walking over to me.

"You're all good for now." He says, standing in front of my hunched sitting frame. "I'm going to have to reason with them for a little longer but for now you're free to go."

I immediately stand from my chair, rising up to my height at the go-ahead for me to leave this place and find my Ella.

"Ella." I grit out. "Where is Ella?"

He sighs. "I don't know. Last I heard she was going back to her apartment. But Stone I think you ne—"

"My phone." I demand to know, "Where is my phone?"

"It's in my car." He says, stopping me when I begin to go and find it. "Stone, listen to me. Ella needs space, and you need to give her that space. Things will only get worse if you pressure her into forgiving you too fas—"

"I will never pressure her to do anything." I growl, fury rushing through my veins. "How fucking dare you say that."

"Stone." He sighs. "You know that's not what I meant. Just let Ella process this in her own time, okay?"

"Fucking fine." I sigh. "But I cannot ever be without her, I have to make this right. I have to tell her how sorry I am."

Baron nods, following me out of the police station as we walk towards his car. It's already dark out, and I desperately need to know if Ella got home safe before I lose my mind.

"You can take my car." Baron says. "I have to go deal with Brennan. Just don't go too crazy, okay?"

"Thanks." I grumble, taking his keys from him. "Means a lot."

My eyes widen when he suddenly pulls me in for a hug, I grow tense and stiff when he pats my back yet I can't help but feel grateful for the gesture.

"Everything will work out, Stone." He says, pulling away. "Just don't give up on her."

"Never." I reply instantly, climbing into his car and starting the engine.