Bright Red Fury

Mother Nature is a bitch.

Now I may or may not be saying that because of my insanely hot and cold hormones, but still, Mother Nature is a bitch.

She also loves to make her appearance at the worst of times. Tonight, Stone was supposed to be taking me out on a date, but instead I'm locked up in my apartment, curled up in a ball of self-pity.

I'm sure my possessive giant is loosing his mind at this very moment, as the only ounce of energy I have managed to muster up is that of answering his constant messages.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want my warm cuddly ogre here with me, because I do. But the heavy snow has caused the local council to close all roads leading into and around our town, so for now I'm left to waddle around like a penguin on my own.

I tried to put The Addams Family on a couple of minutes ago, but I just cried at all of the scenes with Lurch, because mine wasn't here with me.

The Addams Family ringtone of my phone had never felt so relieving, I pick up the phone instantly, eager to speak with my crazy giant.

"Ella." The grumbly voice grumbles. "Baby, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Lurch." I lie. "Why wouldn't I be okay?"

There's a deadly silence on the over end, I cannot even hear my boyfriends gravelly breaths, or even any hint that he is still on the line.

Stone's murderous voice presents itself as he suddenly demands to know, "You have been crying. Tell me why you have been crying."

"I so have not." I squeak out whilst playing with a strand of my bright green hair before mumbling out the most pathetic excuse for his expert behaviour. "Your ears must be blocked from all of that surfing that you are doing."

"Ella." He barks out.

A sudden wave of emotion crashes over me that I am unable to control and that I do not mean, "Don't shout at me, Lurch! I've had a really bad day."

The silence returns, though his heavy breaths are more than present now. The grumbling giant sounds distraught as he mumbles profanities beneath his breath, and I instantly feel upset again.

"Ella, baby." He utters out so softly, that I almost mistake it for someone else, "I am so sorry."

"It is okay," I sniffle, "I just miss you."

"I miss you too, Medusa. So much." He says with a gruff sigh. "But there is something else, I can tell."

I smile, rolling my eyes. "You're such an expert, it's scary."

"I am an Ella expert." He states proudly, and I can practically see how his chest is puffed out. "Now tell me what is wrong."

I look around my room for any inspiration as to what I can make up to tell the persuasive man on the end of the line.

My eyes land on the large pile of books pushed into the corner, "I...thought that I lost my copy of The Tell-Tale Heart." I swallow down the lie, "That's all."

"Ella." The deep, raspy voice grits out, obviously not believing me.

"Anyway," I sigh, changing the subject as I look up to the ceiling, "how was your day? It's snowing, did you see? Have you made any snowmen ye—?"

"Ella." He repeats again, cutting off my nervous rambling, "I am coming over."

"But the roads are closed!" My still-raspy voice exclaims, breaking slightly. "And it is cold, and—"

The determined voice returns once again, "I am coming over. Do you need anything?"

I sigh, biting my lip as another pang of pain spreads across my lower stomach. I'm really craving chocolate right now, but I don't want to seem too greedy.