Green is for Go and UFO's

Chapter 12 (Stone POV)

I could not breathe.

My body felt still, it was unmoving and immobile.

I watched her as she tried to pretend she was watching the movie, I watched her as she pretended not to like the closeness.

I had not watched a single second of the movie. There was no point doing such when I had the greatest entertainment beside me.

The sent of apple radiating from her body overpowered the smell of the rain. It was heavenly, it was her.

"Can you see okay?" I teased her for the seventh time, desperate to have her attention on me and to hear her voice.

My full attention was on her as she turned to face me, her cute little death glare beaming off her features.

"One more height joke and I will destroy you, Lurch."

I would love for her to destroy me.

I did not tell her that, of course, she would label me as even more crazy than what she already thought if I did.

I simply chuckled in response, my gaze remaining firmly on her just like it had been for the entirety of the stupid fucking film.

"This is your fault, Lurch." She began, referring to the sickening sloppiness that I could hear in the distance. "I know we are acquenemies but we must join teams so we don't have to watch the love birds play tonsil-tennis. We can think of an excuse to get out of going to the beach tomorrow."

"No." I told her sternly, not wanting for her to scurry her way out of having to be around me.

"Why not?" She asked, seemingly genuinely confused.

"I only see you three hours at school—" I grumble the words, hating the fact that that is the reality.

My words instantly halt when she speaks up, attempting to finish my sentence. "And they are the worst three hours of your day?"

I hated that she thought that, I hated that she did not know how I longed to have her with me every second of every single day.

"No." I bite back instantly.

"And they are the worst three hours of your life?"

No, the best.

"No." I grate out, my words much harsher the more my frustration rushes through me.

"And you need more than three hours to fully torment me?" She says after tapping her chin.

I want to tell her that I wish to have an entire lifetime with her, that I want nothing more than for her to torment me for the rest of my life. But I did not want to scare her away.

"No." I utter quietly, defeated by how desperate I am to tell her my true reasoning.

"I give up." She sighs, sitting back against the rear compartment of the truck. "I have no idea why you want to go to the beach tomorrow."

I shook my head at her, watching her every movement as she grabbed the bag of gummy bears and started to open them.

My entire being softened at the sight of her grinning at the little jelly bears, watching in awe at the way her face lit up as she ate them.