Part of Chapter Two (ELLA POV)

All rights to @ KaylaSilverss for this chapter extract that I had saved from when the book was still on Wattpad, this is a chapter from the book that has also been published on Wattpad from Stone's POV. I urge you all to get the published copy if you're able, it's fantastic! <3

I did not think the night could get worse.

With one buzz of my phone, I knew I had jinxed it.

I brought the phone to my ear and greeted Lana "Hello."

"How was your date?" She quickly blurted out and she did not wait for my reply before speaking again "I have met this amazing hot guy at the ice cream place."

It was good that one of us was getting a romantic night at the pier or at least a date that had stayed until the end.

"That is great." I told her before explaining "Chase had ditched me to go to some beach fight. Don't ask."

Lana hardly ever pursued the guys she liked. She had never introduced herself or tried to start a conversation, so I knew this ice cream parlour guy had to have made an impression.

"That is awful of him." She commented. "Tell me about it. He is away with my stuffed panda."

I said to the girl on the other end of the phone call "I might just go home and mourn my loss. The loss of the panda, not Chase."

The phone went quiet for a second or two. I looked around and wondered if I appeared as stupid as I felt. I was standing alone in one of the most romantic spots in the city. I felt like I should have been filmed for a heart-breaking angsty music video.

"There is no way you are going home. Get your little butt here now." She ordered of me before adding "I want to know what you think of this guy. I think he is my soulmate."

We had only been away from each other for twenty minutes.

"Yuck!" I blurted out, smiling to myself knowing she could not see it. It was not that I did not believe in and want the white picket fence happily ever after. I just did not believe that was possible with a guy from high school.

Teenage relationships were nothing but fickle. Rarely any lasted.

"He has a friend." Lana's voice lowered as she informed me "So you will not be a third wheel. I promise."

I groaned and agreed before I hung up on her.

My walk to go and meet her was intentionally slow. My pace was somewhere in between one of a snail and an old lady walking to the bingo.

A few minutes later and I was in front of the ice cream place. Along with the overall theme of the pier, the building was lit up like a Christmas tree. The place gave off an eighty's diner look with the bright interior and neon lights.

I eyed the decor through the big windows while I pushed open the door to the rectangular building.

The bright red booths of the place were almost empty. Only two tables were occupied and one of them was by a man that looked freakishly like Danny DeVito.

I spotted the back of Lana's blonde hair at a four-seater table in the middle of the room.

The back of her head faced me. She looked too engrossed in the conversation with the guy opposite her to notice that I had arrived.