The Tell-Tale Heart

(Chapter 15- Stone POV)

This was where I belonged. With her. With my Ella, my Medusa.

This was where I belonged. Yet there was one thing missing. Her.

She was right there, yet I could not touch her. She was right there, yet she was too far away from me.

"Why do you think I am like him again?" I grumbled at the pale man on screen, needing to hear her voice to soothe the aching need to pull her to me.

I had purposely sat myself so that she was as close to me as possible during this time of me unable to freely touch her.

I would wait an eternity for her.

I was thrilled that the sofa was small enough for me to make it seem minuscule, and also small enough that I had a valid excuse as to my reasoning behind my arm being set firmly on the cushioned part behind her head.

Throughout the start of the movie—which I was trying very hard to pay attention to solely for her benefit—she had tried to move further away from me.

It did not work, of course, because I would simply abolish the stupid fucking distance she had created by moving closer and closer to her until she had nowhere to go but by my side.

"Lurch is tall and scary." She said, laughing at the figure on the screen that she is convinced is similar to me "You are tall and scary."

"You do not seem scared of me." I said, motioning to small yet heart-stopping touch of her leg against mine.

"The closeness is not my fault." She pointed out "It is all to blame on your wide shoulders."

My heart dropped as she shimmied further away from me, the self-control that had previously held me back from picking her up and plonking her on me slowly fading away the more I worried she did not want to be near me.

"Move closer, Medusa." I demanded, hating the distance more than anything.

My heart leapt as she turned her attention to me, her brows furrowing as she questioned "Why?"

"You are hanging off the edge of the sofa." I pointed out in a grumble, wanting nothing more than to pull her to me.

"If I move any closer then I am going to end up on your lap."

Little did she know that that was exactly what I had been envisioning for the entire time of this torturous happening.

I smirked, turning my attention back to the television so that she would move closer to me quicker.

She let out a sigh, pretending that she was not at all happy about it as she propped a leg on mine.

My heart leapt in a way that she would find laughable.

Her attention remained on the movie as i touched her leg. My hand completely engulfed the width of her thigh before I ventured my hand beneath it.

Unholy thought invaded my mind at the position my hand found itself, but I tried my very hardest to place that somewhere else in my mind as I focused on the task at hand.

I lifted up her leg, placing it on my lap and smirking when she squeaked out "What are you doing?"

I remained silent. I took her other leg and placed it with the other so that her body swivelled and she was lying across me.