Memories that linger

"So, what did you need me for...?"

"We've been discussing to Celesteal in regards to our memories, and how they're intact somewhere deep in our minds. He suggested we try to look at things or be reminded of memories of who we all used to be"

"Huh? How does that work?"

Anshine glanced at Stratosfear.

"It appears some of you actually knew each other, and knew us before we became points, as the stories I told the shard saviour about my friends matched up with the ones Celesteal has pointified. Fate is cruel knowing some of my friends have been dragged into this mess, but we're here now, I suppose"

"Now how did that frea- Celesteal get to me, has he told you anything about what has happened to us?"

"According to him, you found us and ran away when he heard you nearby, however he noticed a strand of your hair from where you were and decided to find you after sending us to our respective worlds. You ran all the way to Cyn- Compale and tried to tell him what happened, but as you two had talked, Compale was surprised from behind and got pointified, you tried to do something like attacking Celesteal with your bare fist but he was quick to pointify you as well"

"Wait- what did you say before Compale-"

"Cynosura, but I don't think you'd remember that"

"Oh, so I have known Compale since before we were points? What was my name?"

"Umbra, you were the daughter of a princess to some nearby kingdom to Maytown and... Kairo, an archeologist that sought out ancient artifacts for all his life... They're probably long gone.."

Stratosfear trailed off bitterly. Anshine hugs Stratosfear in an attempt to comfort him, but he moves Anshine away.

"It's fine Anshine, I'm okay, it's just a sad thought that everyone I knew is gone and those who are still here, you guys, you don't even remember anything and-"

"And it's your fault why we all had become what we are?"

Stratosfear nodded at Anshine's words and he sighed.

"Stratosfear, you can't really changed what has been destined to us by fate, you wouldn't want this to happen to us, but at least today you're not alone. And what you're doing for us is really good! We definitely want to remember who we all used to be, it feels so incomplete knowing that this isn't what we all were since the beginning, and that we have such a great friend that had been through so much... Yet you decided to live on with it and one day tried to rekindle our friendship, after I yelled at you about how you wouldn't understand my pain when I lost my dad all those years ago... Despite that day being the day your life changed into something horrible"

Stratosfear was speechless, eyes wide with shock, Ulipse seemed confused while Anshine took a moment to register what he just said.

"... Anshine?"

"I- What did I just say- I.."

A little crack formed on his symbol, Stratosfear watched in alarm, yet nothing else happened after it.

"Your symbol- it cracked a little!"

"I heard it-"

"This is a good thing!! Celesteal's idea is working" excitement was clear in his voice.

"Have you forgotten about me"

"Oh! Sorry Ulipse- where was I? Uh-"

"You were talking about my parents?"

"Ah, yeah, well that's it"

"How do we know each other? If I lived in a kingdom and you two are in a town? And cynosura- what you called Compale, how do I know him?"