A long forgotten melody

"Hm.. Not much happening today, hm? No gigs or any events, just peace and quiet"

Signol says to himself, sitting by a table in his cavern-like world, he noticed his guitar nearby and went to pick it up. Upon examining it for a bit, he started to play a random tune, for a moment he felt a sense of familiarity.

"What an odd feeling, does it mean anything?"

He plays the same tune again, he felt the same thing. For a while he repeatedly played it, thinking about if there's a possibility he somehow remembered what happens after it, as if it was the key to one of his memories.

"It's not right, there has to be a way to figure the tune out, is there?"

"Hey Ev- Signol"

Signol turned around and saw Arrolin, weeks ago he had been able to shatter his symbol with Ploque, gaining their memories back. His eye shows interest as he stares on at Signol's guitar, he could only tilt his head.

"My bad, I came here to check on you, but then I heard you playing your guitar. What were you playing?"

"I don't know, I didn't have much to do today and I picked this up, playing some random tune, but then it felt familiar? I've been trying to play it repeatedly to see if there's anything beyond just the first few notes I've played"

"Mind if you play it for me? Maybe I might know what it is, after all, we've been friends before we became points"

Signol's symbol flickered in curiosity, he had known that majority of them had connections with each other before pointification. He shakes his head from his thought for a while and began strumming his guitar, Arrolin carefully listened to the tune he played, his face showed recognition and surprise.

"Ah, I see what that is"

"What is it?"

"You had the interest in making songs, this tune you played was one of the songs you made, though my memory can be a bit blurry a while back. Apologies, but I do know a bit of how it went, may I borrow that guitar?"

"Sure, but do you know how to play it?"

"Of course, you taught me this-- when you were still Evon"

Signol nodded, giving Arrolin the guitar, he carefully grabbed the guitar and held it as intended. He takes a moment to figure out the placement for his fingers on the fretboard, once he was sure, he began playing the guitar, it was exactly what Signol played. Whatever happened next, Signol was amazed at how Arrolin was able to play the guitar well enough, and was able to remember so much of the melody, a memory flashes over Signol.

Evon held his guitar with uncertainty, Laoin sat near him, intending to listen to what he was going to play, yet he only has stood in silence.

"Well? Are you going to play it?"

"I don't know... I'm not so sure, I don't also have any lyrics for this either"

"Not all music has to have vocals, it can be just the tune itself. No need to stress yourself, I'm sure it will sound amazing"

"How wise, for someone like you"

"Oh please, I may be a little slow at catching onto things, but that doesn't make me stupid, nor dumb, I just process things slower. And when I do understand, I can give proper output to it"

"Well, you're also a dragon, dragons can be wise right?"

"Yes, some of them at least, but we're not just that, and I'm not just a dragon, I am a robloxian like you"

"Right, anyway, I should start playing it"

"Take your time, when you're ready"

Evon took a deep breath, with a determined look on his face, he began playing his guitar, Laoin watches him, smiling.

"Hey hey, Signol, you there?" Arrolin was snapping his fingers in front of Signol's face, his symbol flicked in response. Signol didn't say anything for a moment, recollecting his thoughts but before he could speak, a cracking noise could be heard.

"I- wait did you remember something?"

"The time I played the song, I was nervous that day, but you assured me I was going to do great"

"And how you commented about my thinking process, you remembered that, didn't you?"

"I thought this was a blurry memory to you"

"The song is a little hard to grasp on, but that conversation wasn't something I'll forget"

"I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to say that"

"It was hundreds of years ago, it's okay, you can let it go now"

"I just want to ask, how does it feel to be half dragon and half robloxian?"

"Doesn't feel anything different, and also I'm not exactly a first generation hybrid, if that makes sense"

"Wait so one of your parents is a hybrid"

"My dad is, my mom is just a dragon"

"You're more dragon the robloxian then?-"

"It's shocking, I know, people thought my parents would have a very terrifying bunch of children, since the hybrid itself is unstable in many ways. Then my parents had an egg, which made everyone afraid"

"And?"

"I hatched from the egg, people were wary of me, at first they didn't believe I wouldn't be what they thought about"

"You're the nicest person I've ever met, I don't think you ever had once done any harm, even if everything in my memories are a blur right now"

"Of course, anyway, I ended up having no friends, the kids at my age were too afraid to approach me because of what their parents tell to them about me. It was quite lonesome, until she approached me one day"

"Ploque?"

Arrolin nodded.

"She didn't believe what people said, and saw how I always was sitting in some corner, how my parents watched me in worry... She decided that she will approach me, and that was the best day of my life, I will cherish that for as long as we live. That helped everyone else see I wasn't what they thought I would be for being more dragon, and she introduced me to the others from Maytown, and you of course"

"She knew me before you?"

"She likes visiting other towns and befriending people around her age, you were a very shy person, but always had the passion for music and a dream to one day be famous-- but Celesteal pointified you, so here we are"

"Well, I'm technically famous now, am I?"

"Heh, yeah, oh since you got to hear how the song goes, can you try playing it on your own?"

Signol nodded as Arrolin handed back the guitar, and soon after started playing it. One by one memories flash over him, but he didn't stop playing. The memories began from when he met Ploque, when he was introduced to Arrolin, the day he discovered what he wanted someday, the day he played this song, until the moment he got pointified by Celesteal. When he was done, his symbol had shattered all the way, Arrolin looked at him excitedly, his tail wagging uncontrollably behind him.

"Signol, you did it! You played the song, and shattered your symbol, oh my stars Stratosfear would be delighted to hear about this"

"My face hurts-"

"It's normal, the pain will go away shortly, the symbol kind of feels like glass so"

"You think Ploque would like to hear the song?"

"Yes! Come on let's go"

He grabbed Signol by the hand, leading him out of the world, running to the others happily.