Old habits

"Ixol- Ixol don't eat all the pancakes like that, eat them one at the time"

"No! I love pancakes! Why do I have to slow down eating them?"

"You're going to choke on them"

"Ulipse I don't think he would choke on that, he's eaten 10 of those together like a sandwich when he was younger" a voice spoke from behind.

"Wh- What the hell are you doing here you freak"

"Not surprised by the nickname, but I'm here to check on Ixol"

"Your son's alright, now go, get out of my world"

"Have you considered dusting your world"

"Very funny, I don't think that's possible for a world full of sand, now go away"

"Alright, have fun Ixol"

"Whatever old man"

Celesteal's symbol flickered and he left, Ulipse watches as Ixol happily ate the pancakes, she can't help but to feel familiar watching all this when a memory flashed in her mind.

"He's an adorable kid, is he?"

"Yeah, you and your family can stay in the kingdom as long as you'd like! Perhaps permanently stay here, unless you don't want that. But that's okay, for now I really don't mind watching over Despair"

"Thank you, Umbra"

She moves her gaze toward little Despair, despite the menacing red eyes the demon child had, he seemed so happy and innocent as he played in front of them. Umbra would smile at Despair, he smiles back.

"Despair..." Ulipse whispered, but Ixol had seemed to heard it.

"Huh? What did you say Ulipse?"

"Oh nothing, keep eating, I'm just thinking"

"Okay"

Ulipse took a moment to think about what she had remembered, there were questions in her mind. Who was I talking to? Who is Despair? Or is Despair actually Ixol? So many questions, yet she couldn't find answers, her mind could not get anymore information other than the memory. She could only just watch Ixol quietly, thinking deeply.

"Why is Ixol here"

"Wuh- oh Compale, uh, he came in here asking for pancakes, Celesteal didn't want to make him some and didn't bother to teach him"

"He's gonna burn the house, that's why"

"Probably"

"I have no patience in cooking"

"Then how are you supposed to eat"

"By raiding your worlds for food"

Ulipse facepalms, annoyed at Ixol's response.

"You really got to learn at some point Ixol, it's not all just relying on us, you have to do things yourself, we're always not going to be here for you"

"I.. Okay." Ixol said with uncertainty in his tone, he stops eating and only sat there in silence. Ulipse was unsettled by the sudden change of attitude, for a moment he seemed so lively and cheerful, and now he sat in complete silence.

"You know, having harmless hobbies and learning things like cooking doesn't seem so bad, you might find enjoyment in them"

"It takes a lot of work, I don't want that"

"Last time I checked, burning things and ripping things to shreds takes enough energy and strength to do that, what makes it different then?"

"Because it's boring"