Father and son

"Ixol isn't coming?"

"He's not in the best emotional state right now, he needs some time"

"I understand, but where are we going?"

"Back home, or one of my houses anyway"

"How many houses do you have"

"Three, not all are being used, though you've lived in one of them when you were young"

"Why have three seperate houses though? What's the third house for then?"

"That's a question I don't feel ready to answer right now, if you don't mind"

"Oh! It's okay, I'm sorry was it a bit personal?"

"It is, one day I'll be able to tell though"

"Alright, that sounds odd because of a house but I will let it go"

"Thank you- here we are, we've arrive to your house"

"Why did you have seperate houses for me and Ixol if there were stuff here in the house you raised him in?"

"Grief lead me to stray away from this house, after I put you in that coma for your body to heal, it still felt like I truly lost my son"

"But I'm here, am I? I'm alive, even if I almost died plenty of times"

"Of course, you have more resistance to attacks, than you wouldn't have been when you were young. And I'm honestly grateful that you're alive, though it seems you haven't grown that tall-"

"Father, if you make another comment about my height, I will personally beat you up myself"

"I am so sorry, let's go inside now"

Celesteal opens the door and let's Clark go inside before he does, they look around the house, it was dusty but mostly intact despite the years of being untouched.

"This place is so familiar, have I lived a great life before the incident"

"The best that I could, you were the most happiest little child I've ever taken care of"

"But you only taken care of me and Ixol, unless you had more kids we didn't know about then-"

"I mean- well no, uh, you're the only ones I cared for, after almost losing you, do you think I'd ever want to try and replace you?"

"I don't know dad, it seems likely, you seem so fond of children, I'm surprised someone like Ixol softened you a bit at some point"

"Well- I wasn't going to be harsh on a child that lost his parents, hm?"

"I- okay, you got me there, why don't you tell me something about this house? What kind of stuff did I have while growing up?"

"Not much, you always seemed to love hearing stories from me, or when I read books to you, your favorite books are about coliseums and the concept of sword fighting"

"That explains something, oh did you know that I've been training to use the sword Clerical gifted to me with Sterneedle?"

"Yes, I spoke with Sterneedle the other day, and I remember they mentioned how you were eager to learn from them"

"I'm still surprised how a point with the most awful eyesight wields swords in the first place"

"Clerical not only focuses on anything about healing and inventing possible cures and such for a point, he also specializes in sword fighting. It's kind of his hobby?"

"I never thought he would be into that"

"I was surprised too, he can be quite the opponent in battle"

"It almost sounds like Clerical is a close friend"

"Well, I can't deny it but yes, we've been close since the first time we met"

"Was he always a point?"

"No, and I didn't remove his memories unlike the others, he probably doesn't want that I would say this to anyone but don't tell anyone either, okay?"

"Okay, but I want to know more about Clerical-"

"Ask him, not me, it's better to hear things from clerical himself than hear it from me"

"Ahhh, uhm, can you show me those books you read to me as a kid?"

"Absolutely, follow me"

Celesteal walks into a room, Clark followed closely and within the room lay various bookshelves all around, in the center there was a chair with a pile of books in it.

"This is where you read me those books, right?"

"Yes, I would sit on that chair reading those books to you while you sat down on the floor, holding your little bear stuffed toy, eyes wide in wonder and interest as I read something about anything"

"Have you read a book to me about quantum physics"

"Son, I know I read books to you about anything but books for children, but would you think your own father would read such book to you?"

"Well, would you read that to me?"

"... Okay I may have read that book to you but it was just half of it"

"AHA I knew it"

"You were so dedicated to listen to me reading a book about some sort of advanced topic of sort, I just wanted to see that if you'd eventually fall asleep if I read that book"

"And?"

"You were awake the entire time, even if you didn't understand it, I couldn't handle it and just stopped reading halfway and got you some ice cream"

"Pff, I think I can remember that a little"

"Oh yeah? State one thing from quantum physics"

"The fundamental law of quantum mechanics, Schrödinger's wave equation, describes the state of a single particle by a single quantum wave. The intensity of this wave at any position represents the probability of observing the particle at th-"

"Stop, I can't believe you'd remember that"

"hehe, I can recite all you've read to me if you'd like"

"I don't want that, why did I thought it was a good idea to read that book to you?"

"Didn't think your son would have incredible memorization skills, huh?"

"I can't imagine how much more you remember..."

"Allow me to recite the entire book entitled the history of mathematics that you read to me in hopes for me to fall asleep"

"Clark please, we came here to reminisce not to recite books from first page to the end"

"Fine, fine, though I would like to ask, what book is your favorite?"

"What?"

"What's a book you like, I'm just curious"

"Well uh, let me see" he walks over to the bookshelves, looking through various rows before taking out a book.

"This one, it's not much but it's a fun little story about a protagonist living in this very odd place, it's consisting of floating islands within void-like world and their sun does not rise nor set, it circulates around them like planets do around a sun, and one day there's a sort of conflict and he has to face the danger as well as find the protector of that place- his father"

"Ohh, can you read it to me? Like old times sake"

Celesteal's symbol flickered.

"Sure, I would like that"

He moved the books off his chair and sat down as Clark sat down on the floor, he began reading the book while his son listened closely. At the end of the day, they fell asleep in that room, a smile formed on Clark's face.