Part 12

Saturday

The room was filled with the scent of roasted beef and mashed potatoes. I don't know about you but if I could marry food I would, I can already feel how the gravy would cascade down my throat, I moan internally.

Food fills me up in a way no man can.

My already watering mouth watered even more at the thought.

"And here I present... dinner." Lora said dramatically while the children clapped and laughed. See food is actually medicine, even Elizabeth, Micheal and William are acting normal... that is until the food is gone but it's something at least.

When Lora set down the plates full to the brim with food everyone started to grab piles of it on their plates while I waited, as much as I loved food, I didn't want to be disrespectful and snatch everything.

William had seemed to done the same thing as his plate was still empty.

Once the others had settled down, he gestured me to go ahead and I nervously stood up to take 2 scoops of each portion.

"No that's not enough, take more." William still was sat as he complained about the amount of food I had on my plate.

Rolling my eyes I took another scoop of each portion and sat back down with my plate that was almost overfilling.

Satisfied with this he now was putting food on his plate while I began on eating my own portion.

"Would you like some wine, sweetheart." Mrs afton presented me a bottle of wine. I had never been a drinker and never liked the taste of alcohol and yet I still agreed to a glass that she added a generous amount to... at least not as generous as switch usually does it.

Giving a quick thanks, I picked up the wine glass and gulped almost 1/4 of what she gave and tried my best not to flinch at the strong bitter taste the wine had.

Everyone had been silent while munching at their dinner, evan had been preoccupied with his foxy plushy, Micheal was playing on his game boy and Elizabeth was brushing the knots out of her dolls hair however, William and Lora just focused on their food, neither one of them lifting their head up.

They don't seem like they were ever in love if I'm being honest but a part of me does respect that they are staying together for their children even if they don't love each other anymore.

Trying to break this silence i commented on the things they were both focusing on "These plates are lovely Lora... do you mind giving away where you found them?" I wasn't lying either, they were stunning. A blue and gold marble along with some clear glass to give way to the table underneath.

Finishing the food in her mouth she gave a slight smile "I actually made them by myself, I used to be very into glass work." That's a hobby I need to pick up on then if you can make such beautiful pieces of art.

"Yeah she used to make so much we had to sell them which made some good profits for us." William jumped into the conversation, it didn't seem like he had any vengeance towards his wife but he would obviously comment on the business side of selling those plates.

"I wish you were still making them then, I could use these to liven up my kitchen a bit." Everything around my own kitchen had either been black or white with no colour in sight, so these would be lovely.

Steering the conversation towards me she asked "What do you like doing sweetheart?" While putting the roast beef into her mouth that she has just cut I gave it a thought.

I mean I don't do anything outside of my work, I only ever kill... and kill... and stabbing is in there too.

"I go hunting." That was the best I could come up with, this caused Williams ears to perk up as soon as I mentioned hunting.