Part 17

Wednesday

I could barely get an ounce of sleep last night.

The majority of it we had spent cleaning the blood silently after we had gotten rid of loras body.

I don't know how he's going to explain that Lora is gone to his own children.

But even when we were done cleaning I couldn't focus on getting the last few hours of sleep.

Rolling over, Williams face had looked so peaceful, like he hadn't just murdered his ex-wife 3 hours ago.

He had also been hugging up to the blood stained freddy plush I gave him at the funeral. It was adorable.

I set my hand on his face as I traced his cheek bones causing him to instantly grab my hand before realising it had been me.

After we had patched each other up, he had offered me to sleep in his room since I didn't want to sleep downstairs or in the guest room since the reeked of rotting flesh.

I was kind of resisting the idea at first but eventually he convinced me enough.

Pulling me closer, he instantly kissed my forehead while snuggling in closer.

What we are doing is wrong but it felt so right.

"Good morning, love." Taking in a deep breath at the stupid nickname, I tried to play his game and forget what had happened moments ago.

"Good morning." I breathed out before getting out of the comfy bed.

I would stay in there forever but I had business I needed to take care of.

"Why are you getting out? Henry gave us a day off." William complained while i put fixed up my clothes.

I suppose Henry only gave us that day off so I can finish him off now and yet william was still here.. breathing.

"I know... I just have something I need to do." It hadn't been anything too sinister that I had on my mind but I realised that I don't have the heart to kill William during the hours I couldn't sleep.

Stepping out the door I looked upon the living room.

I honestly believed last night that only one of us would make it out alive...

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with him killing his ex wife and I wish I could have stopped him but I was dumb enough not to grab my knife since I hadn't been expecting it.

Well I guess that's in the past now.

Arriving back at my house, it feels like I hadn't been here forever even though I had just been here yesterday, preparing for the funeral.

Taking a deep sigh I entered the house to spot ruby and switch kissing.

An that's definitely what I hadn't been expecting.

"Just ignore me I'm here for one thing." Ruby instantly pushed herself away from him as a bright red blush had been visible on her face making me chuckle.

"Oh no we were done here." Ruby buried her head down as she had disappeared from my vision... I now know what she had been busying herself with.

Giving switch a knowing grin I started heading upstairs while he whispered to me "cock blocker."

"I'm just doing gods work for the neighbours." they'll get back to business when I'm gone again.

....

The thick envelope stared at me from the passenger seat beside me.

This was my last chance to turn back but I had made my decision and i was going to commit to it.