TWENTY SEVEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 :
DAMN, WHAT HAPPENED TO HER

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

"IF I HAVE to listen to Bo complain about my sandwich making capabilities one more time..." (F/N) ranted as she entered the kitchen, finding Vincent standing in there. The man looked at her as she spoke. His eyes darted out of the room, towards the hallway. "What?" She questioned.

     His voice was quiet, almost hesitant. But she still managed to hear the faint, "Distraction?" He motioned to the hallway.

     (F/N) blinked at him for a few seconds before she tried to clarify, "Do I want a distraction?"

     Vincent nodded. It was quick and excited; he was obviously happy she had understood what he was trying to communicate.

     (F/N) placed her hands on her hips, leaning back to the counter. She was tired, but she'd feel bad if she left Vincent alone. She let out a quick sigh before giving in, "What would we be doing?"

     He pointed at her, "Helping." Then, he pointed to himself.

     "I'd be helping you?" She guessed. He nodded enthusiastically. She continued, "With what?"

     Vincent jumped forward, offering his hand to the girl. (F/N) took it, feeling his rough hands as he began to pull her along, into the hallway and down the hatch to his workplace (which was clean, he must have known she was going to go down there because there was no sign of anyone she knew or the visitors down there). Although, they didn't stop there, instead they continued until they reached the house of wax.

     She paused as she made it up the stairs. She hadn't been back in the building since she tried to escape after...

     (F/N) brushed the thought from her mind. It had already been done, she couldn't sit there and mope about it. Instead, she had to push on and try to escape. It was all she could do.

     Vincent pulled her to the kitchen that she had first seen her in. He pointed to the way of the window, where there was a wax statue that she hadn't seen before. And boy was she glad she hadn't.

     The statues face was dropping down, like the wax had run because it was placed over a fire. The wax had dried in its droopy position, but there was no skull underneath. Perhaps this wasn't a real person? She sure hoped so. If it was, the bones had disappeared.

     Her eyes widened, "Oh my..." She gasped at the surprising sight, "What happened?" She asked.

     "Fail." Vincent's voice sounded disappointed. But not at the statue, at himself. (F/N) turned to the man, finding him holding his arm with his hand. He was glaring at the statue like it had kicked his puppy.

     She hated seeing him like that. So, she asked, "What are we going to do about it?"

     The man took a step forward, "Fix."

     "We're going to fix the statue?" (F/N) repeated, looking between the man and the statue. Was it even fixable?

     Vincent nodded. He moved forward, grabbing the statue's arms carefully, beginning to gently move it towards the doorway back down to his workplace. A thought hit her: she was supposed to be taking care of Bo. "What about Bo?" The woman called out.