THIRTY TWO

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤 :
YOU HAVE FAVORITISM

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     BOREDOM HAD TAKEN control of her actions and caused her to go searching through the depths of her closet. That ended up with her coming out of it with an old vinyl player in her hands.

     And now that she had something to do, she decided that was her mission: to get the vinyl to play.

     So, she took it to the first brother she could find which was Lester, sitting on the couch of the living room and playing solitaire all by himself.

     "Oh, wow...Where'd you find that?" Lester asked, his eyes soft as he gazed at the item. He appeared nostalgic, and she knew immediately that he had seen the object before.

     "In my closet. I got bored, found it while I was looking for something to do." (F/N) shrugged casually, taking the vinyl player back as he handed it over.

     "That used to be my mamas," Lester informed abruptly. "She'd play it all the time while she did her daily chores..." The man stared off at the object, reliving the days of his childhood. They had been joyous when there wasn't shouting and hitting.

     "Does it work?" (F/N) inquired.

     Lester looked over at her, "I don't know, but I think we got some records in a closet somewhere."

     And the man was correct to think that, as when they searched through the closet in the hallway, they found stacks of old records.

     But when they tried the machine out, it didn't play. The player itself was broken, but they didn't know what was wrong with it. Lester brought up the idea of Bo fixing it, but (F/N) was reluctant to think that he would want to help with their challenge.

     Suddenly the large dog she had seen in the House of Wax came barreling down the stairs, rushing in the direction of the couch.

     "Hey there Jonsey!" Lester greeted as the dog jumped up on the couch beside him.

     "Jonsey?" (F/N) repeated, watching as Lester enthusiastically petted the dog's face, then accepted the sloppy kisses the canine gave all over his dirty face.

     "Her name is Rosey, Lester jus' says it weird." Bo had entered the room, and headed to the kitchen until Lester called out, 

     "Oh Bo, look what (F/N) found!"

     Bo turned to the woman, finding her on the couch, and then moved to her hands. Once he spotted the vinyl player his expression was not like Lester's joyous nostalgic one. Instead, he looked bitter.

     "Why do you have that?" He asked, his voice low as he stalked away from the kitchen, moving towards the couch.

     "I found it." She scooted in her seat, getting close to the edge. She did not like the look on his face. She continued unsurely, "Lester said th—"

     "Lester said what?" Bo cut her off, making her scoff, her grip on the player tightening in annoyance.

     "If you didn't interrupt me, I'd be able to tell you." (F/N) scowled at him. Bo returned the favor.