THIRTY ONE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚 :
SCHEDULES SUCK (MORE THAN BO)

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

WHEN THEY HAD gotten home from the grocery store, Vincent was sitting on the porch of the stairs waiting for them to arrive. (F/N) observed him through the windshield, taking notice of his rigid composure.

Had neither of his brothers told him they were leaving? He must have been worried sick.

"Why are you outside?" Were the first words said (more so shouted) to him by Bo. The man had slammed his own truck's door (apparently he was allowed to but she wasn't—what double standards) as he marched towards his twin, waving him towards the door. "Get inside! Get!"

(F/N) got out of the truck so fast that she practically knocked Lester over as she rushed towards Bo. She moved closer to Vincent though. "Don't talk to him like that." She glared at the older twin.

Bo turned to her, a fire in his eyes as he spat, "It's non' of yer business how I—"

"Will you shut up with that 'none of your business' bullshit?" Everybody was taken aback by (F/N)'s outburst, staying quiet as she continued, "I'm here. And according to you all, I'm fucking stuck here. So, get over it. If I'm here, it's my business. And being an asshole for no reason is pointless."

(F/N) turned to Vincent, reaching out her hand. Vincent stared at the hand for a few seconds before he grasped it softly. He struggled to take away his eyes from the gentle hold she had upon him, both physically and emotionally. She would never know the length of his affection for her, because he wasn't sure he'd ever be able to show it all. There was simply too much.

"Do you want more help with the statue?" (F/N) inquired. They hadn't finished it when they started it the other night. Vincent nodded eagerly, his other hand itching to grasp her other hand but settling for holding his jeans. She carefully helped him stand and turned him around to lead him to the entrance.

"Where are you going?" Bo asked, crossing his arms as the two ventured to the door.

"None of your business." Was all (F/N) said as she pulled Vincent into the house.

Bo gaped at the house while Lester let out a snicker. The older brother whipped his head to his younger, who turned away and innocently pretended he hadn't done anything.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

She had taken it upon herself to help out more around the household. Make breakfast. Help Vincent with the statues. Help Lester drive around and pick up roadkill. Help Bo fix the endless array of cars he had. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Slowly but surely she noticed the liberties the men would give her around the town. She was allowed to walk around Ambrose mostly by herself. One of the Sinclair's had to be outside with her but she was allowed free reign.

It was Bo who was reluctant about this rule, and still stayed by her side as they walked down to the station. And today, they were in the middle of a conversation. It was a light-hearted one, which allowed (F/N) to speak without fear of punishment.

"You're lucky your face is attractive because your personality is not!" (F/N) laughed at the thought of him being nice.

     Bo whipped his head towards her, "The fuck you mean I'm not nice!—"

"You think you're nice?" (F/N) cut him off, giving him an amused look as she stopped walking.

Bo turned to her, leaning a bit closer, "You think I don't know how to be nice?" He reached closer and she didn't flinch away, so he continued until he touched her face. Once his rough hands were holding his face, he lowered it so that he had a grasp on her neck. Despite his firm hold, he leaned even closer and whispered, "Gentle?"

Her heartbeat picked up, so obnoxiously abundant she was sure he could feel it. Her body heated up. This cannot be happening. She gulped before she swatted his hand away, "Stop being weird!" She said, turning away from him in a fluster.

The man raised his hands innocently, sending her a smug smirk, "Whatever you say, sweetheart."

No way she was flustered by him. She rolled her eyes, turning away from him. Then, (F/N) began to storm down the road away from the flirt. She heard his loud laugh echo behind her and huffed.

(F/N) had to get out of Ambrose, soon.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

AUTHORS NOTE !

This is a filler, but next chapter will
have more ✨✨ to it.

Y'all I was doing so good with updates
and then I fell into the Mike Schmidt
phase (still actively in) and started writing
that fic. Then A Ballad of Songbirds and
Snakes smacked me and I don't know
what happened from there. But I'm back.
I will get this one finished soon (that's
my goal. There are like five-ish more
chapters).

Posted: November 25, 2023
Words: 841
Edited: ✘︎