NINE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚 :
run

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     CARLY FIDDLED WITH the ignition key and radio as her and (F/N) waited for the two men

     CARLY FIDDLED WITH the ignition key and radio as her and (F/N) waited for the two men. Though all that came on the radio was loud opera. It filled the car abruptly and Carly jumped to turn it off.

     When she did silence enveloped the car. Eventually, the awkward silence became too much for Carly as she exited the car and began to walk up the steps of the house. The brunette hesitated but finally decided to not open the door and instead turned around to go back in the car. Only to freeze once she got a good look at it.

     "(F/N)!" Carly whisper yelled at the girl who still sat half in the car, her leg being propped out of the open door.

     "What?" (F/N) blinked at her friend in confusion.

     The brunette motioned for the girl to go to her, quite aggressively, her gaze switching between the car and the door that was unopened behind her. Once the girl had also left the car Carly began to point at the front of the truck.

     Once she saw what the girl was pointing at (F/N) let out a breathless, "Oh shit."

    The left headlight was broken. Shattered. The headlight was also the same shape as the one Nick threw a bottle at and broke. A shiver spread down her spine as she realized it was the same truck from last night. Which meant one thing, Bo was the guy watching them from the camp.

     "We have to go!" The brunette hurried into the driver's side of the truck and (F/N) got back into her seat. Carly honked the horn multiple times, trying to rush Wade out of the house.

     "Do you have your phone?" The brunette in front of (F/N) questioned, the girl patted down her jeans.

     "No," (F/N) was frustrated because she couldn't find the device but then she realized, "I must have left it in my tent when I changed pants."

     Carly cursed and took out her own white phone, beginning to dial someone. Putting the device to her ear she complained as it kept ringing, "Cmon."

    (F/N) made sure to look around carefully, for both Bo and Wade. Though neither were walking out the door.

     When Carly began to speak she thought it was connected for a second, only to realize that it was a voicemail. However, with a panicked expression, she continued, "Remember the truck from the campsite last night? I think we just ran into him—"