EIGHTEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
surprisingly kind

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     DEJA VU WAS strong as she followed Vincent down the stairs

DEJA VU WAS strong as she followed Vincent down the stairs. She saw him turn around every so often once the sound of the loud generator took over her hearing, probably to check that she was still following and not wandering off into the basement to look for an escape.

     Vincent covered her view as they neared the room where Carly was killed, and where Dalton's corpse was decapitated. (F/N) found herself staring at the floors with a nervous expression.

     Only when she heard him clearing his throat did she look up hesitantly.

     The last time she was in the room she couldn't get a clear look around. Now that she wasn't in a constant panic, she could observe her surroundings.

     Immediately, her gaze went to where Carly had collapsed against the wall. (F/N) let out a sigh of relief when there was nothing there. Nobody, no blood, no sign that she had been there, to begin with.

     The girl watched the spot with an unsettled expression, thinking back to her friend's last breaths. She bit down on her cheek, trying not to cry as tears poked at her eyes. It seemed she wasn't done crying over Carly.

     A finger gently tapping her shoulder caught her attention. Vincent stood, timidly trying to get her to turn to him. She did and the male pointed to the next room over, his bedroom. (F/N) spotted a mattress on the floor and looked back at him.

     He pointed at it, and she looked between them. What does he want? (F/N) went to question when Vincent grabbed her wrist, beginning to pull her over to the room. They passed the contraption Dalton was in when the trio had entered the room for the first time. She swallowed thickly.

     They stopped before the mattress where Vincent placed both hands on her shoulders, giving her a small push as he motioned for her to sit down. (F/N) realized what he was trying to get her to do and sat down.

     Vincent left her alone and started working on a small wax animal. At least he had to common decency to not work on one of her friends in front of her.

     The girl looked down at the floor, she couldn't look into that room any longer without remembering her friends.

     Carly nudged her, "I think Nick has a crush on you!" She was talking about her brother who was sitting across the room.